WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Default LHG Solong 6/Mountain Hardwear 45º Ultralamina Sleepingbag & Platypus 2L Gravityworks

Hi all,
    Selling some gear that hasn't been seeing any action recently. All items are in great shape and have been used with care. See more below:

Mountain Hardwear 45º Ultralamina Sleeping Bag - $70

Great lightweight summer bag. No rips, stains, smells, etc. Has always been stored in a closet inside the mesh storage bag. Compresses down to about the size of a Nalgene bottle. The right side as a 1/4 zipper and the left has a 3/4 zipper to cut down on weight. 86" long as the tag indicates. I'm 6'1" and fit perfectly in it. Bought this a few years ago for ~$140. Weighs 28oz on my scale.

IMG_0056.JPGIMG_0057.JPGIMG_0058.JPGIMG_0060.JPGIMG_0059.JPGFullSizeRender 7.jpg
    LightHeart Gear Solong 6 - SOLD
    Platypus 2L Gravityworks Bottle Kit - SOLD

Shipping to CONUS 48 only. Prices include shipping. PayPal only. "Friends" option, please

Thanks!
    Chris
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by chall; 07-21-2017 at 12:07.

GSMNP 900 Miler
    Journal Entries
    Images

Love this series of the Mountain Hardware Ultralamina Sleeping Bags.

I already own the 15º and 32º versions weighing in around 3# and 2# respectively.
    I can't justify the cost to save only a few ounces to add the 45º to my gear collection.

About the only negative they have is that the zipper is prone to snagging if you try to zip them too fast.
    (That's from both personal experience and the only negative comment I recall seeing in reviews back when I purchased my Ultralamina's).

But the bag seems to stuff smaller than an equivalent down bag... which is surprising since this is a synthetic bag.
    I used to compare the specifications of the ultralamina to equivalent temperature rated Marmot down bags costing ~$500 (such as the Marmot Lithium). The down bags were about one pound lighter, but the stuff sack for the ultralamina were all smaller.

Mountain Hardware Ultralamina is simply THE best synthetic sleeping bag.
    I'd highly recommend this bag for someone looking for a summer bag for humid places like GSMNP.
    BTW, $140 sounds like a clearance price. Full retail on the 45º was over $200 from what I recall (I know my 32º was about $250).

Quote Originally Posted by HooKooDooKu View Post
    Love this series of the Mountain Hardware Ultralamina Sleeping Bags.

I already own the 15º and 32º versions weighing in around 3# and 2# respectively.
    I can't justify the cost to save only a few ounces to add the 45º to my gear collection.

About the only negative they have is that the zipper is prone to snagging if you try to zip them too fast.
    (That's from both personal experience and the only negative comment I recall seeing in reviews back when I purchased my Ultralamina's).

But the bag seems to stuff smaller than an equivalent down bag... which is surprising since this is a synthetic bag.
    I used to compare the specifications of the ultralamina to equivalent temperature rated Marmot down bags costing ~$500 (such as the Marmot Lithium). The down bags were about one pound lighter, but the stuff sack for the ultralamina were all smaller.

Mountain Hardware Ultralamina is simply THE best synthetic sleeping bag.
    I'd highly recommend this bag for someone looking for a summer bag for humid places like GSMNP.
    BTW, $140 sounds like a clearance price. Full retail on the 45º was over $200 from what I recall (I know my 32º was about $250).
    Thanks, HooKooDooKu! I think I did get it on clearance now that I think about it. It really is a great bag, but I'm not doing too much summer weather hiking these days. Love the chilly nights more, so it needs a good home!

Will entertain some offers. I'm really trying to get these off my hands to fund my next expensive hobby: homebrewing.

Sent PM regarding the filter.

Added LightHeart Gear Solong 6 for sale. Filter is still available. Price drops on the filter and sleeping bag.

Quote Originally Posted by chall View Post
    Added LightHeart Gear Solong 6 for sale. Filter is still available. Price drops on the filter and sleeping bag.
    Sent PM regarding the Solong.

I have a SoLong6 as well.

I cannot say enough good things about this tent. It is a palace!

At this price, it is a steal.

Someone very lucky is going to get it.

Quote Originally Posted by cfx69 View Post
    Sent PM regarding the Solong.
    Solong 6 sold to cfx69.

Price drops again on sleeping bag and water filter. Heading to the post office this afternoon if that entices anyone!

Gravityworks filter sold to Calvin N. Bag still available!!

Bump. Sleeping bag still available.

Bump on sleeping bag.

++ New Posts ++