Default ISO someone for 3 day hike from Winding Stair to Dick's Creek any weekend in Aug 2017

Hi. I am trying to section hike the AT. My plan, as of now, is 200 miles a year for 10+/- years. I was able to complete 190 last year. My hiking partner from last year is unable to continue due to her husbands health issue. I was lucky to find someone on this site to complete 30 miles in July. I am now looking for someone who would like to hike a Friday, Saturday and Sunday and hike the Winding Stair Gap, NC to Dick's Creek Gap, GA section of the AT any weekend in August. I was hoping to drive to the starting spot on Thursday evening and be ready for the shuttle and hike on Friday morning. I haven't worked out the details because I didn't know if I could find anyone that was interested. If there is no interest, is there someone out there who is hiking another section (that I haven't hiked) and wouldn't mind me joining them. I still work so long weekends are my favorite option. I can do one week a year. I was able to complete 115 in the Shenandoah last year in 8 days. I would really like to find a permanent partner who has the same goal but it looks like I will have to skip from person to person to reach my goal. I live in NC and I am 55. I do not want to solo hike. I can't talk my husband into joining me. This is my first post so I hope I have posted my information correctly.

Interested! Still looking at the stretch you are planning to hike. I hiked it north bound 2012. Carpool would be a great idea also. I have some family planning to help prepare.

Glad you are interested MedicineWoman2012. Hope we can work something out.

My weekends in August are getting narrowed down to the weekend of August 11 or 18. I didn't know if either of those worked for you. Hope you are still interested in hiking this section.

I am interested if you have not done the hike already.

I have done the Winding Stair to Dicks Creek now. I did it the weekend of the eclipse in August.

++ New Posts ++