WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Almost done!!! 67 miles left.

My wife and I just summited Mount Mansfield and got off at route 108 to resupply and spend the night at an old friends house. Only 67 more miles on this journey, honestly it's kinda sad. This trip has been incredible. We were blessed with great weather. It only rained like 3 days this whole time. We started July 15th at the southern terminus and have taken it slow at 10-14 miles a day. Splitting off from the AT was sad, our trail family was awesome. They were a few Thru hikers that were taking it slow. We met them at the very start of the trail and asked them to take a picture of us at the sign on day one. The first two people we met and we hiked with them for almost 10 days. Captain Jack and Acadicus are there trail names, they have become great friends that we will not forget. The trail certainly changes after the Maine junction, that well groomed AT turns into a very different trail very quick. The mud was fun in the beginning, then thinned out a bit after 80 miles or so but still is around here and there. We both learned so much from this trip, before this our longest trip was just a few days. We never resupplyed before or hammocked in the rain, never really planned out mileage either. We both suffered some from blisters and knee pain but leaned to deal with it and overcome. We are both becoming so strong from this journey, physically and also as a newly married couple. We started out hike just 6 days after our one year anniversary. A life changing trek for sure. Vermont is beautiful for sure, the people are amazing, and the trail is gorgeous. After the trip, we are planning on finishing next Wednesday, I'll try and put together a video of the trip. I've had my GoPro with me and have taking kinda a video blog the whole time. Happy trails everyone! I must thank you all for answering many questions and all the great advice before we left.

Keep on Hiking! It was great meeting you at the Inn....loved the pants
    "Maybe life isn't about avoiding the bruises. Maybe it's about collecting the scars to prove we showed up for it."

Quote Originally Posted by Teacher & Snacktime View Post
    Keep on Hiking! It was great meeting you at the Inn....loved the pants
    Haha, yeah they were a pretty epic pair of pants I must say. What else can you expect for 5 bucks on clearance at Walmart!!! It was great meeting you as well!

Forgot to mention our trail names are Goldfish ( I've not spent one day on trail without them!!) and my wife is Fresh Pots (for her dying desire for coffee....all the time)

Images

Goldfish!!! It was great running into y'all at Griffith Lake tentsite and then getting to hike with you both! I finished Vermont on Saturday and am back home now. Say "Hey" to your lovely better half!
    [I]ye shall not pollute the land wherein ye are: ... Defile not therefore the land which ye shall inhabit....[/I]. Numbers 35

[url]www.MeetUp.com/NashvilleBackpacker[/url]

Hey Fresh - I love those next 67 miles. I hope you have a great finish. I'm headed SOBO soon, and hope to meet you on the trail.

I've been following Captain Jack & Acadicus on Instagram throughout their journey- love that you got to meet them! Next weekend I set out on my first thru hike of the LT and seeing how much you've been loving it has me even more excited! Good luck in your final stretch

++ New Posts ++