WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Default Klymit Insulated Static V Lite sleeping pad @ Massdrop

I've reluctantly concluded this ugly orange pad would be the best fit for my NoBo AT hike next year, and Massdrop has it listed for the next couple of days. See the drop here.

KlymitInsulatedStaticVLite.jpg KlymitInsulatedStaticVLiteInflated.jpg

The "Static V" design gives room between the "V"s for the insulation in your sleeping bag beneath you to expand, where on a flat pad that insulation would be compressed to uselessness. (I hope this works better than the last drop I joined: they cancelled the Darn Tough Hiker Micro Crew Cushion order because Darn Tough wasn't able to supply enough product for the drop.)

Leonidas

Just so you are aware, they make an UL version of the same pad with the same R-value. It weighs 16.9 oz vs 19.6 oz. It also comes up on Massdrop fairly regularly. It is more narrow than the non-UL and it is made of a 20D instead of 30D. The UL is 3 in less wide at 20" vs 23".
    AT: 695.7 mi
    Benton MacKaye Trail '20
    Pinhoti Trail '18-19'
    @leonidasonthetrail https://www.youtube.com/c/LeonidasontheTrail

I have the Static V Lite...love it. You can't go wrong with that pad.

I have 2 of them love them. Only issue mine have is the leaky valve syndrome. Klymit has a YouTube video on how to fix them once you do that they are great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by JC13 View Post
    Just so you are aware, they make an UL version of the same pad with the same R-value. It weighs 16.9 oz vs 19.6 oz. It also comes up on Massdrop fairly regularly. It is more narrow than the non-UL and it is made of a 20D instead of 30D. The UL is 3 in less wide at 20" vs 23".
    Yes, I know about this pad, and it was my original choice before I tried sleeping on my CCF pad again for the first time in some years. From that experiment I deduced two things: (1) I'm no longer able to get a good night's rest on a thin pad; and (2) as a "rotisserie" sleeper, I kept rolling off the edges of a pad only 20" wide. 2.7 oz. extra for more comfort and more durability seems like a reasonable price to pay. I do hate the orange color, though.

My Static V lite insulated pad is 23 inches wide. I've only used it a few times this year and like it very much.

Journal Entries
    Images

I got the static v luxe and I love it!!
    Hiking the AT is “pointless.” What life is not “pointless”? Is it not pointless to work paycheck to paycheck just to conform?.....I want to make my life less ordinary. AWOL

I have both the mass drop lite version and ugly Orange version on really hard slick surfaces it will wiggle out from under you if you toss and turn at night. Otherwise great pads

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Just to follow up, this (Insulated Static V Ultra Lite) pad is no longer being made. The replacement is the Ultralight V, which is the same in dimensions (though with the addition of short and long/wide versions) and color, but with different valves. It's also only $2 cheaper than the orange 3" wider model I received yesterday.

++ New Posts ++