WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Default Lightweight setup?

Alright I've used an ENO singlenest with Slap Straps for about 4 years now. I weighed this weekend and Holy Cow 28oz. So I'm looking: 1 reduce weight 2 slightly longer (my EMO is 112in). So what's a really light hammock and strap/suspension combo. maybe a Hummingbird Single+ and their straps? Open to all suggestions. I just upgraded to a HH Asym tarp (132" ridgeline) also if that makes a difference.

Depending on your weight you could look at a dutchware 11ft netless in Hexon 1 with a structural ridgeline and Continuous loops at 7.3 oz and then for suspension look at the Dutchware beetle buckle suspension with 8ft dyneema straps at 3.6 oz (mine weigh 3.4 oz). That's what I use for backpacking trips where I want to travel light. I personally like the beetle buckle and plan to also try out woopie slings which are another highly recommended lightweight suspension.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Journeyman Journeyer
    Images

Really depends on what you weigh. Lightest hammocks are made out of 1.0 weight fabric but the durability is not high. Unless you are going for record speed I would choose a hammock in the 1.6 fabric weight. They will be under a pound.

Default Lightweight setup?

keep the hammock if you're comfortable with it and get the hummingbird straps and suspension. Those ultralight hammocks are really stretchy
    You can walk in another person's shoes, but only with your feet

+1 for Dutchware Gear. I have a netless, half-wit, and Chameleon and they are all great. Super light and durable and great to use.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost;
    the old that is strong does not wither, deep roots are not reached by the frost."

Quote Originally Posted by devoidapop View Post
    keep the hammock if you're comfortable with it and get the hummingbird straps and suspension. Those ultralight hammocks are really stretchy
    I'm not really completely comfortable in it. The ENO has a good bit of calf ridge to do its short length, even laying diagonally.

++ New Posts ++