Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Default Week Long Group Hike

I saw that a group of women organized a week long section hike in 2016 on taptalk. I'm 55, a slower hiker, done a few two-nighters on the AT, but lacking people that want to section hike or meetup/AMC type groups in my area that backpack. I'm wondering if the group that hiked last year is planning on doing it again or if there are others interested in doing a group section hike. I'm in Massachusetts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by MoutainGirl View Post
    I saw that a group of women organized a week long section hike in 2016 on taptalk. I'm 55, a slower hiker, done a few two-nighters on the AT, but lacking people that want to section hike or meetup/AMC type groups in my area that backpack. I'm wondering if the group that hiked last year is planning on doing it again or if there are others interested in doing a group section hike. I'm in Massachusetts.

Check the AMC Boston Chapter for hikes.
    https://tinyurl.com/MyFDresults

A vigorous five-mile walk will do more good for an unhappy but otherwise healthy adult than all the medicine and psychology in the world. ~Paul Dudley White

Hi, I was in the group of 10 hiking for a week last summer. We ended up doing about 69 miles. It was a great adventure. Ask any questions you may have...One of our ladies is doing a thru hike this year! Where are you interested in hiking? I would enjoy another week on the trail. And, we can put the word out to others. Doe

I might also be interested. Have section hiked from Blackburn Trail Center to Port Clinton, PA--mostly out and back (so both NOBO and SOBO).

HI Quiet Storm! I will keep checking back to this thread and see who is interested in hiking and if there are any specific locations we need to concentrate the hike in. Also, the dates that people are free to hike in. How was the trail along that section? I have only hiked as far north as the Washington Monument. Doe

Hi Doeontrail! PA is a trip (literally). I have six more hikes to go to get to the NJ border and then it's on to VA. I want to do the big states. I've completed MD and WV NOBO and SOBO but they're so small it doesn't really count.

I am interested in this trip depending on the dates... I'll keep checking back.

Best dates for me are Easter week and the last two weeks in August. I was thinking about hiking south thru the Shenandoah's in April and do something farther north in August (New Jersey-Vermont area). But, I am very flexible and as long as I am hiking the AT, I'm happy.

Quiet Storm, Are you hiking weekends thru pa? How many miles per day do you hike? Do you use shuttles or hike out and then hike back to your car? Do you camp overnight? i'm going to start whittling away at PA and looking at options. If you have shuttled, do you have a favorite driver? Thanks, Doe

Quote Originally Posted by doeontrail View Post
    Quiet Storm, Are you hiking weekends thru pa? How many miles per day do you hike? Do you use shuttles or hike out and then hike back to your car? Do you camp overnight? i'm going to start whittling away at PA and looking at options. If you have shuttled, do you have a favorite driver? Thanks, Doe
    Yes, weekends. I'm in VA this weekend because of the snow in PA. Plan to do Eckville to Lehigh Gap next weekend. Still working on the shuttle. Will be doing Lehigh Gap to Wind Gap the following weekend. I already have my shuttle lined up for that. I do overnight--1 or 2 nights depending on if I can take a day off.

I'd be interested in a group hike as well- age 59 . I'd like to connect with hikers in my at or near age group.

I am looking to hike about 30 to 40 miles starting at springer. After June 20 start I am 53 and very green in backpacking world.

I'm 52 and planning on going from Delaware Water Gap to Bear Mt starting July 22 if anyone is interested. I did most of MA last summer alone & it might be nice to have a hiking partner.

I'd love to join a group hiking a large section. My dates are very flexible. I've hiked GA through to Grayson Highlands in VA. So anything else would suit me. Thanks!

K

I'm interested in section hiking. 49 years old also in MA

Registered User Purposeful Wandering's Avatar

I'm planning to hike another section, about 60 miles, late spring in Vermont. I'm 37, also in MA. Currently planning to go alone. I've hiked all of CT and MA so far....steadily working north for now.

Anyone ready to hike Aug 20-27? We can do NY, CT, MASS, or VT? Any preference?

I'd be interested. Haven't done any of it yet and would love to start closer to GA.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by doeontrail View Post
    Anyone ready to hike Aug 20-27? We can do NY, CT, MASS, or VT? Any preference?
    I can do Aug 20-27. No preference on the location. Will be my first steps on the AT!

Anyone interested in backpacking the AT for a week (June 2-9, 2017) in or around the Asheville area?
    The start & finish points are variable, maybe even trying to end up in Damascus. I'm not looking to lay down a bunch of miles, rather enjoy the hike, but also willing to push it a little in an effort to see what I'm capable of in order to consider a 2018 thru-hike. Would like to hook up with a small group. I'm 54 yrs old, fairly fit, avid hiker/backpacker.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
++ New Posts ++