WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

IMG_2732a.jpg

This is a shot I took just before totality. I am standing on the marker at this point. Between this photo and totality, many more people crammed up on the summit. I looked down the slope towards the AT and there were even more people down there not even trying to climb up higher since there were so many people.

I honestly believe that 500 is on the low side. 1000 would not surprise me.

Quote Originally Posted by soumodeler View Post
    IMG_2732a.jpg

This is a shot I took just before totality. I am standing on the marker at this point. Between this photo and totality, many more people crammed up on the summit. I looked down the slope towards the AT and there were even more people down there not even trying to climb up higher since there were so many people.

I honestly believe that 500 is on the low side. 1000 would not surprise me.
    Where did they all park? I assume most of them were day hikers? The two lots (WSG and the one on the north side of the AT at Wayah Gap) are simply too small to accommodate that many vehicles for that many hikers. That's just crazy busy!

When I got down to Wayah Gap at 5:30, there were still cars parked over a mile down the road from the trailhead. I can only imagine what it looked like at 2...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
++ New Posts ++