WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Thread: Monson, ME

Default Monson, ME

What is the best way to get to Monson, ME [other than walking 😀]? I am flexible, but looking to be as reasonably priced as possible. I am assuming that a bus to somewhere and then a shuttle is going to be the plan. Can anyone help me fill in the details? Thanks!

Plane/bus/train - bus - shuttle in that sequence. Details are on the home page I believe. Unless you drive yourself or have someone drive you, that is the only option.
    Follow slogoen on Instagram.

Keep in mind the infamous Maine reply "You cant get there from here"

Its best to talk to the shuttlers. The best straight shot is bus to Waterville then shuttle to Monson. Some shuttlers may prefer Bangor as its on the route to Millinocket so they may be able to combine shuttles.

Call Ole Man at the AT Lodge in Millinocket, or Poet at Shaw's in Monson. You'll probably end up taking the Greyhound to Bangor, then Cyr Bus Line to Medway, where the AT Lodge will shuttle you to Millinocket and then on to Monson.
    Teej

"[ATers] represent three percent of our use and about twenty percent of our effort," retired Baxter Park Director Jensen Bissell.

Journal Entries

We'll be in Monson (briefly) this coming Sunday. Plan to Portland, rental car to Monson. Ain't cheap, but costs less in time. We'll be on the trail by mid-afternoon.

Quote Originally Posted by illabelle View Post
    rental car to Monson
    Have a good hike!
    Where/how do you drop off the rental car?
    Teej

"[ATers] represent three percent of our use and about twenty percent of our effort," retired Baxter Park Director Jensen Bissell.

Journal Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TJ aka Teej View Post
    Have a good hike!
    Where/how do you drop off the rental car?
    Hooking up with Shaws in Monson. Leave car with them, they shuttle to Caratunk. After a section in that area, we drive to Rangeley for another 3-4 days, then drive ourselves back to Portland and catch our flight. Wouldn't work for a thru or a long section.

Quote Originally Posted by TJ aka Teej View Post
    Call Ole Man at the AT Lodge in Millinocket, or Poet at Shaw's in Monson. You'll probably end up taking the Greyhound to Bangor, then Cyr Bus Line to Medway, where the AT Lodge will shuttle you to Millinocket and then on to Monson.
    Yes, I confirm this. I was just there at the AT Lodge. They shuttled a group to Monson while I was there.

++ New Posts ++