Default looking to create a group or find a partner to start NOBO 2018

I am looking at beginning my thru hike around the last week of February or the first week of March at Amicolola. While I am not opposed to the idea of hiking solo, I would much rather have company at least to start out with. I've hiked plenty in the past, but this will be my first long distance trip and I'll be stepping way out of my comfort zone. I plan on taking it pretty slow the first few weeks in order to adjust. I would love to travel with some ladies that have also never been on a long distance hike so we can figure out trail life together. Pm me if you're interested!

I'm planning on starting around February 17th, so maybe I'll see you out there!

Sent from my SM-G930VL using Tapatalk

Journal Entries

You wont make it past the first shelter without making friends.
    Seriously
    Possibly the parking lot.

You will make friends. Don't worry about that.

It will still be winter. Hope you are aware of that.
    https://tinyurl.com/MyFDresults

A vigorous five-mile walk will do more good for an unhappy but otherwise healthy adult than all the medicine and psychology in the world. ~Paul Dudley White

50 of your new best friends will show up when you do. In the mean time, you just tapped into a support group. Ask questions and you will get a wide range of answers.
    Follow slogoen on Instagram.

There will be 30 to 50 other people starting the same day as you...if you are hiking slowly in the beginning and people are passing you, you'll probably meet a couple of hundred people. You aren't going to be alone out there.

I was thinking about flying down to Atlanta and then doing a NOBO section in March. Haven't quite figured out exactly how far I'll go though. Perhaps into NC and then fly home. Work is tight so not enough vacation time to get the whole trail in this year.

I am planning on my day 1 for March 8th. I will do the approach trail..but not sure if that will be the day prior or simply that morning.

hey! i'm planning on starting early march and am definitely looking for a partner or group

Hello, I never done long distance hiking & I’m 54 years old. My family is very concerned with trying to do this hike. So I’m thinking starting a Springer Mt. and do about 4 weeks or more. So would enjoy your input. I have all my gear &so excited.

Hello Im in the same boat, my husband and dad are concerned about me heading out in Sept. I'm going from amicalola to unicoi gap for my first time out. I have my gear and excited myself. Happy Hiking to you.

++ New Posts ++