WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Default WTB: FOOTPRINT for a Big Agnes Copper Spur HV UL2

Any one out there have a FOOTPRINT for a Big Agnes Copper Spur HV UL 2 they'd be willing to part with?

I have one that I made out of Tyvek but would like to have "fast fly" versatility and the Big Agnes branded footprint looks like it would give me that in a cleaner package than what I could rig up myself.

Not to hijack this completely, but have you explored using paracord/shockcord to connect the pole ends to one another? It would end up looking like a spider web on the ground, where the cord provides the tension the poles need to stay rigid?

I haven't done this, but am in similar need of a footprint and was thinking about cooking one up myself.

The technical hurdle I'm trying to overcome is how to secure the rain fly to whatever I happen to be using as a footprint such that I can then set up the tent from underneath the fly.
    As you pointed out, I could rig up something using miscellaneous cordage but this isn't functionally as clean as I'd like it to be.
    This then led to my OP to see if I could land a BA branded footprint for a price that is in line with the value that the footprint would have to me.

I purchased the copper spur UL2 and could not get the footprint but someone else on some other site mentioned using the rattlesnake SL2 footprint. I got one and it works. Just noticed the HV in the OP. Don't know if it would work or not.

Quote Originally Posted by skiBee View Post
    I purchased the copper spur UL2 and could not get the footprint but someone else on some other site mentioned using the rattlesnake SL2 footprint. I got one and it works. Just noticed the HV in the OP. Don't know if it would work or not.
    Hmmm...this is seriously worth looking in to. Thank you for the tip.

Not sure the size of your tyvek. I purchased a grommet kit on Amazon, added 4 grommets to my tyvek, now the fly works, used tent body to get exact spacing for grommets. DIY footprint. Grommets come in different diameters, be sure inside diameter is correct
    was not a copper spur, but another BA tent

GSMNP 900 Miler
    Journal Entries
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Lane47 View Post
    Not sure the size of your tyvek. I purchased a grommet kit on Amazon, added 4 grommets to my tyvek, now the fly works, used tent body to get exact spacing for grommets. DIY footprint. Grommets come in different diameters, be sure inside diameter is correct
    was not a copper spur, but another BA tent
    DIY grommets was the idea that came to my mind as well. But you don't have to go to Amazon. You should be able to find a grommet kit locally at a Walmart, home care big box store, or perhaps even an Academe Sports. Even saw a plastic version: https://www.walmart.com/ip/Coghlan-s...mmets/19865555

A question for those of you who have posted about using the DIY grommet kits.
    In a scenario where you're setting up the rain fly BEFORE the inner tent, how do you keep the rain fly secure at the corners?

The BA footprint has clips that the rain fly attaches to so that it stays in place while you are underneath setting up the inner tent.

A thank you to all of those who have come forward with ideas in this thread.
    I've decided to fashion my own footprint using some of the ideas here and that I found on YouTube.

++ New Posts ++