WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Default puffy - Mountain Hardware Thermostatic

I'm looking for a puffy....light and packable. Not planning on using in in super cold seasons....either here in Fl or more or less summer in the mountains. I have lots of jackets and fleecies now but they are all heavy and don't pack down small.....

Any opinions here Mt Hardware's Thermostatic?
    It looks pretty cheap with the labor day sales now, and might serve me well enough
    SO leaning towards it

comments on performance, durability, and sizing?
    I'm 5-10 and approx 170#-180#,average build not slim.... but it seems like Medium might be about right based on the few reviews I've found....

Leonidas

I don't have the Thermostatic. I do have the Micro Thermostatic which is no longer made. It weighs 8oz in a Large and is my go to puffy for similar conditions as to what you are looking for. I wish I had bought a Medium though when it was still available. Occasionally, I see these pop up on Amazon and Ebay, not sure what pricing you are seeing for the Thermo but it might be worth a check.

The Thermostatic weighs 11.6oz according to MH.

REI has a synthetic that is listed at 13.2oz, in the garage for $89.73 and currently has an active 20% off coupon that would drop it even lower. Might be worth a look as well, in a medium, only the blue color is available.

What is the budget you are trying to work in?
    AT: 695.7 mi
    Benton MacKaye Trail '20
    Pinhoti Trail '18-19'
    @leonidasonthetrail https://www.youtube.com/c/LeonidasontheTrail

++ New Posts ++