WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Journal Entries

So the increased cost of gas is about $.50/gal so far. The average shuttle vehicle gets maybe 20 mpg, so for a 10 mile shuttle (and they need to come back so double that to 20 miles traveled), their increased cost is $0.50. Doesn't seem that much of a difference to vary the price of shuttles, but seems within the cost of doing business.

Quote Originally Posted by MuddyWaters View Post
    Have you ever noticed gas is most expensive in poorest areas of town?
    This station, actually part of a large convenience store chain, was in the pricier part of Providence. It really surprised me because their prices are usually some of the lowest available.

"To make an end is to make a beginning. The end is where we start from." - T.S. Eliot

Quote Originally Posted by atraildreamer View Post
    Looks like the price has settled in at $2.599 in RI.
    It went up another dime, now $2.699. I suspect that t will go up another 10-20 cents/gallon as a lot of fuel is going to be diverted to Florida when Irma is over. A lot of stations down there have been pumped dry to fuel the departing vehicles.

My sister-in-law lives in Ocala. They are battening down everything and plan to shelter-in-place. They have also prepped their car for a possible bug-out, if necessary. The storm is starting to track to the west of them and taking aim at the Tampa area.

Anyone down in the Florida, Orlando area, have any thoughts on why Disney waited so long to decide to shut down?
    Last edited by atraildreamer; 09-09-2017 at 10:07.

"To make an end is to make a beginning. The end is where we start from." - T.S. Eliot

Quote Originally Posted by atraildreamer View Post
    Filled up for $2.599 today, in RI. It was $2.199 in July, $2.299 in August. Saw one sign for $2.759 in my travels. Seems like some profiteering may be going on???
    I paid 2.859 in Maine last week....only because I had to.
    "Maybe life isn't about avoiding the bruises. Maybe it's about collecting the scars to prove we showed up for it."

Pinedale, WY. This morning.
    Regular $2.79.
    Mid Grade $2.89
    Premium $2.99
    Diesel $2.99
    I think that is a better price range than the usual $0.50 extra for premium.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Eddie Valiant: "That lame-brain freeway idea could only be cooked up by a toon."
    https://wayne-ayearwithbigfootandbubba.blogspot.com
    FlickrMyBookTwitSpaceFace

myrtle beach $2.55 this morning

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
++ New Posts ++