Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 99
  1. #1

    Join Date
    05-05-2011
    Location
    state of confusion
    Posts
    9,869
    Journal Entries
    1

    Default Hurricane irma..

    A little early but
    Appears hurricane irma will be a major storm, and impact AT somewhere in a week or so....

    Screenshot_20170903-074758.png

  2. #2
    Registered User
    Join Date
    06-02-2011
    Location
    Neptune Beach, Fl
    Age
    44
    Posts
    6,011

    Default

    Not again....another reason to get the hell out of Fl! I hope it tracks easterly or my arse is toast...


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  3. #3
    Registered User
    Join Date
    11-23-2015
    Location
    Clearwater, Florida
    Posts
    55

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by saltysack View Post
    Not again....another reason to get the hell out of Fl! I hope it tracks easterly or my arse is toast...
    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    You and me both. About six months ago, I had a pretty good job offer in Johnson City like 10 miles from Irwin. I'm kicking myself now that I didn't take it. waiting to see if it opens up again.

  4. #4
    Registered User
    Join Date
    11-23-2015
    Location
    Clearwater, Florida
    Posts
    55

    Default

    last report I saw today shows it heading more nw and probably ended up around NC or Virginia sometime after next weekend if it makes landfall.

  5. #5
    Registered User
    Join Date
    06-02-2011
    Location
    Neptune Beach, Fl
    Age
    44
    Posts
    6,011

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bstiffler View Post
    You and me both. About six months ago, I had a pretty good job offer in Johnson City like 10 miles from Irwin. I'm kicking myself now that I didn't take it. waiting to see if it opens up again.
    If I didn't have kids I'd be gone for sure! My youngest is in 6th grade and I'm 42....counting down till college. I'm out of hear! Western NC/TN/VA area has always appealed to me. Ready for a change and cooler weather. Early, live cheap retirement hear I come just need to convince the wife.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  6. #6

    Join Date
    05-05-2011
    Location
    state of confusion
    Posts
    9,869
    Journal Entries
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by saltysack View Post
    If I didn't have kids I'd be gone for sure! My youngest is in 6th grade and I'm 42....counting down till college. I'm out of hear! Western NC/TN/VA area has always appealed to me. Ready for a change and cooler weather. Early, live cheap retirement hear I come just need to convince the wife.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

    I intend to retire at 55-56, take early retirement (which aint much). But work contract probably half the year, and have most of year to take extended cheap trips.

    I have a long bucket list.

  7. #7
    Registered User ChrisMek's Avatar
    Join Date
    12-08-2015
    Location
    Hewitt, New Jersey
    Age
    49
    Posts
    38

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MuddyWaters View Post
    A little early but
    Appears hurricane irma will be a major storm, and impact AT somewhere in a week or so....

    Screenshot_20170903-074758.png
    I am all set to do my New York SoBo section on September 8. I don't know what to do... I can postpone and start on September 14 but beyond that, I don't know when I can do it... I've been looking forward to this section for a year!!!

    Do I go on the 8th and hope that the storms doesn't hit us or do I wait and start on the 14th and hope that it passes up New York within the week?



    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  8. #8

    Default

    I've been caught out on the trial in the remnants of a couple of hurricanes in New England. Typically heavy rain for 12 to 24 hours and it's gone. What's left of Harvey hasn't gotten here yet, but not much left of it anyway. If Irma skips up the coast, that might be a different story.
    The AT - It has it's ups and downs...

  9. #9

    Join Date
    05-05-2011
    Location
    state of confusion
    Posts
    9,869
    Journal Entries
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisMek View Post
    I am all set to do my New York SoBo section on September 8. I don't know what to do... I can postpone and start on September 14 but beyond that, I don't know when I can do it... I've been looking forward to this section for a year!!!

    Do I go on the 8th and hope that the storms doesn't hit us or do I wait and start on the 14th and hope that it passes up New York within the week?



    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    You probably have a better idea about wed - thurs next week

  10. #10
    Registered User
    Join Date
    02-07-2017
    Location
    Spartanburg, South Carolina
    Age
    35
    Posts
    172

    Default

    I start the approach trail Sep 8th and will be on the AT for 10 days! I hope it stays away.

  11. #11
    Registered User johnnybgood's Avatar
    Join Date
    11-28-2007
    Location
    Midlothian,Virginia
    Posts
    3,067
    Images
    76

    Default

    Lots of variables in play to concern ourselves for now.
    If it does swing up the coast the track won't be determined until Friday at the earliest.
    Getting lost is a way to find yourself.

  12. #12

    Default

    It's a brave man that can put an X on the ocean.

  13. #13
    Registered User
    Join Date
    06-25-2015
    Location
    Neptune Beach
    Age
    51
    Posts
    648

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by saltysack View Post
    Not again....another reason to get the hell out of Fl! I hope it tracks easterly or my arse is toast...


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I'm worried about my house.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  14. #14
    Registered User
    Join Date
    06-02-2011
    Location
    Neptune Beach, Fl
    Age
    44
    Posts
    6,011

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tflaris View Post
    I'm worried about my house.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I hear ya....that's what insurance is for...


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  15. #15

    Default

    I live about 60 miles from the coast and have sat tight for a lot of storms. This one, depending on where they project landfall, I am thinking of packing up and leaving. This does not appear to be one to play with.

  16. #16

    Join Date
    05-05-2011
    Location
    state of confusion
    Posts
    9,869
    Journal Entries
    1

    Default

    Good news, is that historically this storm in this location in sept would turn out to sea, and not make landfall most of time


    Bad news is thats not what models are showing

  17. #17
    Wanna-be hiker trash
    Join Date
    03-05-2010
    Location
    Connecticut
    Age
    38
    Posts
    6,865
    Images
    78

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tflaris View Post
    I'm worried about my house.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Same here, and I only bought it two weeks ago.
    Colorless green ideas sleep furiously.

  18. #18

    Default

    As of this morning most of the tracking models are putting Irma somewhere between Cuba and the Bahamas by mid day Saturday, with only a few outlier models showing a turn up the coast. Too hard to predict this far out unfortunately but indications are starting to build its headed for the Gulf.

  19. #19

    Default

    I filled up the gas cans for my generator yesterday. Hopefully that will work as hurricane prevention insurance. Simply buying the generator after Charlie, Francis, and Jean hit FL back to back to back worked to keep them away for over 10 years...

  20. #20
    Registered User
    Join Date
    06-25-2015
    Location
    Neptune Beach
    Age
    51
    Posts
    648

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by saltysack View Post
    I hear ya....that's what insurance is for...


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Sounds good in conversation. But the reality is completely different. Living a life interrupted and seeing the fruits of your labor destroyed is damaged is another.


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
++ New Posts ++

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •