WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Default Shuttles to Staunton?

I'll be finishing a short SOBO section at Rockfish Gap sometime during the last week of October. I have read that there are numbers posted at Rockfish Gap to call for shuttles into Waynesboro, but I will be needing to get to Staunton to catch a train. I know that Staunton is ony about 5 miles further from Waynesboro, but I want to be sure I'm not just assuming things....

Are there shuttles available from Rockfish Gap to Staunton? Any specific recommendations on who to call?

Thanks for any information.
    fortis fortuna adjuvat

yeah, that's an easy shuttle. anyone who lives down there and is available will take you there
    Look at the AT shuttle list. Stan from stanimals hostel is one that is in waynesboro, and is reliable

It more like 12 miles to Staunton.
    If you get a ride in to Waynesboro, there is a bus called the Waynesboro Circulator. It circles all of town every hour for fifty cents. Take that to Walmart. From there you can catch the 250 Connector to Staunton for fifty cents. It also runs every hour. If you tell the bus driver you want the train station, they will drop you off there. If you take it to the Staunton Hub, it is a couple block walk to the station.
    Waynesboro Circulator - http://www.cspdc.org/wp-content/uplo..._March2017.pdf
    250 Connector - http://www.cspdc.org/wp-content/uplo...le_Mar2017.pdf

Thank you both.
    fortis fortuna adjuvat

++ New Posts ++