Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6

Quote Originally Posted by peakbagger View Post
    ........ I checked it several hours after putting it in the freezer and its can be eaten right out of the freezer. Its always a hassle trying to find calorie rich winter time hiking food and this seems to be a nice option.
    I tried it right out of the freezer yesterday, it's great! It doesn't freeze. Makes for a nice cool, fresh snack THUMBUP.gif

When I eat it, it reminds me of Guinness Beer. Might be good pairing

Quote Originally Posted by peakbagger View Post
    I was at the local Hannafords Store in North Conway NH. They had both types with and without raisins. I opened a can an sliced it up to freeze. I checked it several hours after putting it in the freezer and its can be eaten right out of the freezer. Its always a hassle trying to find calorie rich winter time hiking food and this seems to be a nice option.
    Saw it in the Hannaford down here outside Albany (NY) today, so they seem to have spread it through the chain. Right near the baked beans in our store (which of course B&M also make), as a clue if anyone is looking for it.

I am so happy for this thread. My son and I just got back from two nights easy backpacking at King's Mountain Battlefield/State Park. Breakfast both mornings was sliced brown bread, fried crispy in butter, then coated liberally with cream cheese. I usually eat this stuff prepared like this on our annual January camping trip odd years. On even year trips we do the same thing to holiday fruitcake. :-)

It also goes very well paired with chili. As a sandwich with sausage and cheese also. Thinking about it it goes good with just about everything. (wil admit to never having tried it with tuna)

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Bumpy View Post
    I am so happy for this thread. My son and I just got back from two nights easy backpacking at King's Mountain Battlefield/State Park. Breakfast both mornings was sliced brown bread, fried crispy in butter, then coated liberally with cream cheese. I usually eat this stuff prepared like this on our annual January camping trip odd years. On even year trips we do the same thing to holiday fruitcake. :-)
    I had a slice this evening and it was a doubled treat because I added some cut up(3) Natural Medjool Dates. The dates are no doubt the most delicious I've ever tasted. Life just got better!

PXL_20210222_001252735.jpgPXL_20210222_001309449.jpgPXL_20210222_000838782.jpg

Once upon a time we use to have Dromedary Date Nut Roll which was a lot like B&M Brown Bread with Raisins.Too bad B&M doesn't take up where the others left off.

Quote Originally Posted by Five Tango View Post
    Once upon a time we use to have Dromedary Date Nut Roll which was a lot like B&M Brown Bread with Raisins.Too bad B&M doesn't take up where the others left off.
    Wow, that was long ago. Yes, let's convince B&M to include nuts and Natural Medjool Dates.

Dromidary date nut in can.jpg

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6
++ New Posts ++