WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Walgreens and I am sure others sell small pill bags. I put my medicine in these with their name and dosage. a couple prescriptions and over the counter. a couple over counter just incase like Imodium and benedryl I just keep in their blister pack. These all go in to my fist add quart bag ziplock.

You can also get the small ziplocks in the crafts section at Walmart. Tiny and perfect for meds.

Take as many pills as you need for the number of days you will be out. Add one or two just in case it takes you longer. If drops instead of pills ask the Dr for samples.

What's the ultralight tactic for prescription medicine?

Take as many pills as you need for the number of days you will be out. Add one or two just in case it takes you longer. If drops instead of pills ask the Dr for samples.

Zip lock snack bag here too

Mountain laurel designs makes a nice UL wallet in Robic gridstop 1.4 Oz I think.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    A Human Being.

The cool thing about ULA backpacks is they come with a small zippered pouch you can use as a wallet when in town. Personally, I only carry my license, credit card and some cash. I could probably even lighten that up by photocopying my insurance card.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Whether you think you can, or think you can't--you're right--Henry Ford; The Journey Is The Destination

I can't get used to not having a wallet in my back pocket. If I feel it's not there I have a brief panic attack even if I know it's stashed in my pack. SI I just got a cheap minimal nylon wallet from Wal Mart and carry only the essentials (some cash, credit card, atm card, drivers license, health insurance cards, HSA debit card, etc

Zpacks wallet zip pouch $10

Here’s to ziplock wallets. Pills fit well in the super small ziplocks that comes with sweaters (with buttons or thread) or small electronics.

Tyvek credit card holder that banks give out for free...then that first in my ziplock dirty bag with my other small articles

Quote Originally Posted by hipbone View Post
    Tyvek credit card holder that banks give out for free...then that first in my ziplock dirty bag with my other small articles
    First=goes (auto correct)

Quote Originally Posted by hipbone View Post
    First=goes (auto correct)
    Damn it...dirty=ditty

Images

For RX, OTC, and supplements: I take seven pills a day, 1 RX, 1 OTC, the rest supplements (multivitamin, low dose aspirin, Tumeric, etc.). I wrap each days' pills in a square of Glad Cling Wrap, tie it off and store all in a pint ziploc freezer bag. The weight and bulk of these can add up so on long trails (over 500 miles), some of these wind up in a bounce box along with extra maps, etc. Never had a lawman hassle me about my meds, but I have taken photos of the RX bottles to prove I have been prescribed.
    Handlebar
    GA-ME 06; PCT 08; CDT 10,11,12; ALT 11; MSPA 12; CT 13; Sheltowee 14; AZT 14, 15; LT 15;FT 16;NCT-NY&PA 16; GET 17-18

Quote Originally Posted by Calamine View Post
    Just a simple question, out of curiosity what do most alter light hikers do for a Wallet? Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Not sure if I need one after dropping a couple Ben Franklin on UL backpacking gear...

Default Gram counters wallet.

I use the “allet” ultra thin. Only weighs 0.3 oz.

https://www.all-ett.com/product/ultra-slim-id-wallet/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Deacon View Post
    I use the “allet” ultra thin. Only weighs 0.3 oz.
    https://www.all-ett.com/product/ultra-slim-id-wallet/
    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    +1 Switched to this and I use it off trail daily as well. However, I also sometimes use a Z Packs Pouch because it holds change quieter than just jingling in the pockets.
    "gbolt" on the Trail

I am Third

We are here to help one another along life's journey. Keep the Faith!

YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCik...NPHW7vu3vhRBGA

I've been using a (DIY) Tyvek "Mighty Wallet" by Dynomighty; love it, especially since kiddos drew on and colored it.

Images

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeBill View Post
    To be honest, Prescription Medication needs to be carried in its original container that has your name on it, the drug's name, dosage, date dispensed and prescribing doctor's name. While many enforcement officers may give you a break, there is always the one or two that will arrest you and confiscate your medication. Usually after they talk to the prescribing doctor they let you go, along with your medication. Personally I avoid contact with any officer of the law.
    +1 for the above, except I don't need any prescription meds yet, but my wife does.
    I even carry Ibuprofen in an original container

++ ziploc snack size for wallet.

For emergency ID I had a dog tag made with my info, ordered off Amazon for a few bucks, that's larksheaded to one shoulder strap.

For meds I count out what I need, they go in a little zip pouch sized for crafts and jewelry.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
++ New Posts ++