WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Images

Default Hikers in Southern Maine area

I am looking for some people to hike with in the maine and new hampshire area. Doing weekend hikes right now and more backpacking this summer. Let me know if you're interested.
    MEGA'07'

Ryan, have you checked Views From The Top? http://www.viewsfromthetop.com/

You'll find an active bunch of peakbaggers there, who plan weekly outings in ME and NH.
    Roland

Images

I just took a look and that makes things a bit easier, thank you. But if there are any hikers out there who are in the area, please give me a shout. I am desperate for some hiking buddies.
    MEGA'07'

Journal Entries
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by ryan207
    I just took a look and that makes things a bit easier, thank you. But if there are any hikers out there who are in the area, please give me a shout. I am desperate for some hiking buddies.
    I am not going to do any hiking right now. But you might want to PM me or email me in about mid May. That is when I start my hiking here in Maine.
    AT Troll (2010)
    Time does not wait for you, it keeps on rolling.

Whiteblaze.net User Agreement.

Images

Nice, I will probably take you up on that. Thanks a lot.
    MEGA'07'

Quote Originally Posted by ryan207
    I am looking for some people to hike with in the maine and new hampshire area. Doing weekend hikes right now and more backpacking this summer. Let me know if you're interested.
    i'm not into hiking some sections of the AT in Maine this time of year without crampons. i've taken a few falls with snowshoes, mountaineering boots, and regular boots. luckily i've escaped with just bruises and scratches. others haven't been so lucky. the sheer slabs of rock that you walk on near the ridges are mostly ice this time of year. i felt safer hiking the presies in winter just becuase of the way the trail is maintained. when i get some crampons that don't cost 200 bucks i'll be happy to hike this time of year. let me know where you want to hike and i'll let you know whether i'm too much of a chicken or not.

Hey Ryan I Am Also Looking For A Hiking Partner. I'm From Centeral Maine. I'm Also Plaining A Thru Hike With A Guy I Work With A LL Bean. He has Compeled the Trail In 2003 and I Didn't 8-(. But We Are Leaving Early To Late March, Pretty Much When We Get All The Cash Together. How Are You Getting Down? We Are Thinking Bus, But If We Can Hitch A Ride That Would Be Awesome? But If You Would Like To Take A Hike Sometime Email Me Im Online Alot. [email protected] Peace!

Geezer

Quote Originally Posted by mdionne View Post
    when i get some crampons that don't cost 200 bucks i'll be happy to hike this time of year.
    I'm surprised to find out Grivel no longer makes the G-10's, and how expensive the G-12's and G-14's are (about $160 and $180). I only paid $80 for my G-10's. I must be old or something.

These are by Petzl and are $119:

http://www.rei.com/online/store/Prod...cat=REI_SEARCH
    Frosty

Images

Quote Originally Posted by ryan207 View Post
    I'm in Northern Maine most of the time between April and November and would welcome meeting up for hikes. I'm not fast but don't mind a solid hike. I've hiked Katahdin from several different trails and want to do some of the trails in the northern part of BSP as well. I'm trying to hike all the peaks in BSP and also some of the ones along the 100 mile wilderness. I know a lot of the logging roads (and ways by boat) for access to the AT. PM me too around March if you want to hike some of this part of Maine.

Journal Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ryan207 View Post
    Join the Maine Chapter AMC. They have guided hikes every weekend all winter long. including one to the summit of Katahdin in February.

If you don't want to join, I believe the trips are listed on their web site. I think the link is www.amcmaine.org. It's just changed and I haven't memorized it yet. A google search will find it, I'm sure. Membership isn't required, but most people find that it's a fun group and do.

Weary
    Last edited by weary; 12-19-2006 at 22:25.

Ryan,
    I PMd you on possible hikingin ME./NH. I'd like to get above the tree line a few times before heading SOBO in June. How about a two day Crawford to Pinkham next month. . . . just kidding but I won't be come May.

Peace

Quote Originally Posted by BirdStar07 View Post
    Peace!
    Welcome to WhiteBlaze, BirdStar!
    Teej

"[ATers] represent three percent of our use and about twenty percent of our effort," retired Baxter Park Director Jensen Bissell.

Images

Hey Ryan, Gypsy here. Are you looking to do a few hikes before you go to Katahdin? I've gotten a little out of whack this winter and need to get back on track. PM me if you are interested and maybe we can find a weekend after the snow is gone , which should be very soon. As you know, I live in the Oxford area, so getting to the trail is not very far away.
    Gypsy

++ New Posts ++