WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Default AT condition from Springer Mt. To Winding Stari Gap

Planning a begin my section hike on the AT this Ocotober 6, 2017. Really needing to know the Trail Conditions since Hurricane Irma. Starting at Springer Mt. heading North to Winding Stair Gap, Franklin, NC. Can anyone let me know the conditions, Please. Thank you. Getting info at www.appalachiantrail.org. of Trial Closures.

What are the conditions on the trail?

From what I am seeing posted online, there are a lot of blowdowns, but things are improving daily. I know there have been several work crews out already, with more planned for this weekend.

I would guess that by the 6th, the trail should be mostly passable, probably only a few blowdowns left in the hard to reach wilderness areas.

Just saw where GATC has cleared Springer to Three Forks. Amicalola to Springer is still waiting to be cleared.

I am planning on Unicoi to Winding Stair Oct 22. any updates as they come available would be appreciated!

Images

Just hiked Springer to Woody Gap. ALL clear. Was told clear at least to Neel Gap.
    "In every walk with nature one receives far more than he seeks."

John Muir

I have heard now that the vast majority of GA is clear. Past Dick's Creek Gap into NC is where is is still being worked on. Also heard NC is maybe half cleared?

++ New Posts ++