WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Default Gel toe caps and sleeves

Anyone use these to address corns, bunions, or blisters? I find them helpful on the little toes to keep the hot spots from turning more serious.

Swear by them! Tossed these into my 'just in case' bag years ago and almost pulled them out a hundred times but being so darn light i just left them. Then one day I must have picked up sand or something and a 'hot spot' became a full on ripping apart of two of my toes. I was shocked by how much damage I did in a short period! After cleaning my feet and changing socks I rummaged around and found these little suckers. Loved how protective they were and stayed put. No bunching up or coming loose at all. I forgot they were even on they fit so well and afforded so much protection! The fact that I was able to roll them off, clean my toe and put it back on was great. It stayed put for almost 5 days until my toes were healing and then I replaced it in town just because the outsides were gross looking. I pre-cut the longer ones because they require a strong scissor to cut through them. They are now an essential part of my footbag.
    "Keep your feet on the ground and keep reaching for the stars." - Casey Kasem

I tried these on my LT end to end, didnt work. YMMV but they ended up in a ball at the end of my sock an hour later. They did feel great when they were first put on but that was always short lived.

I've had the same experiences Plodalong...so helpful providing I'm not already dealing with overly tight shoes across the forefoot and the gel caps are fully put on a dry toe. After putting on I may apply an anti friction micro powder. Works for me.

Were your feet sweaty Fresh start which is why they came off? I find some care is needing putting on my sock too that the gel cap isn't dislodged.

I used to wear gel toe caps.
    They were pretty useful when I broke my nail on the big toe or rubbed sore my little toe.

Now I take a pair of toe caps on every hike.
    They are almost weightless, so it is not extra to put one in a backpack.

They are useful; however they can widen your foot slightly and set off other rubbing areas. Maybe better as a quick fix.

++ New Posts ++