WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

the more serious problem on board is the rocking while boiling n cooking. hanging or a gimble is more important than the stove itself.

Quote Originally Posted by dreamweaver21 View Post
    I never did update this so here is a late update. I bought the bigger Jet Boil and I just hold the stove on the console behind the windshield the whole time I have the fire on. Since it only takes like 2 minutes, it works great! I can even fit my hand in the cup if I get stung.

Nice! That makes perfect sense. Thanks for the update.

willin'

Images

Nice update

I gave the situation some thought

I think.....you could adapt the "Beverage Caddy" to work with the Jetboil. Mount the caddy to the boat in a convenient place, make a balsm wood cup to fit in the caddy, get a plastic canister stabilizer and mount it to the wood cup. Attach jetboil to canister.

Caddy:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Travelon-Be...0/133173450845

Quote Originally Posted by zelph View Post
    Nice update

I gave the situation some thought

I think.....you could adapt the "Beverage Caddy" to work with the Jetboil. Mount the caddy to the boat in a convenient place, make a balsm wood cup to fit in the caddy, get a plastic canister stabilizer and mount it to the wood cup. Attach jetboil to canister.

Caddy:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Travelon-Be...0/133173450845

That gimbal is beautiful and best of all its cheap.

Images

Quote Originally Posted by camper10469 View Post
    That gimbal is beautiful and best of all its cheap.
    I ordered one so I could adapt it to a canister stove....just for the fun of it

and great for a lantern as well.

im also thinking of a use in my kayak.

This gimbal looks like it's designed for a coffee cup which is notably smaller in diameter, it think, than a 100 g isobutane canister leaving me to wonder how well it might work as a stove gimbal. Also, I would think that a stove with a pot of water is unlikely to have a low enough center of balance to operate the gimbal well.

Make sure to let us all know how it works out.
    I'm not lost. I'm exploring.

Images

Quote Originally Posted by nsherry61 View Post
    This gimbal looks like it's designed for a coffee cup which is notably smaller in diameter, it think, than a 100 g isobutane canister leaving me to wonder how well it might work as a stove gimbal. Also, I would think that a stove with a pot of water is unlikely to have a low enough center of balance to operate the gimbal well.
    Make sure to let us all know how it works out.
    I agree. I will take in consideration that info when making the gimble work with the smallest jetboil.

I'm thinking to hang the canister under the rings of the gimbal, stove to be above. Mabe add weight to canister to make it work well.

Last edited by zelph; 06-07-2020 at 12:06.

Images

Well look what I came across today:

Images

And another one...am I a stove nut or what LOL

The “Stable Stove”

The Stable Stove is a gimbal mount bracket to enable a standard Jetboil stove to be mounted into a moving Boat or vehicle and to stay as still as possible with the movement of the boat or vehicle.
    This was designed by us at Safire for Charlie Martell who is attempting to break the world record by rowing across the pacific in the Pacific 2012 rowing challenge. You can read more about Charlie and his challenge below.
    The brief was to manufacture a gimbal bracket that could be mounted to the angled face on the inside of Charlies rowing boat. It had to take a Jetboil Stove so that it was held as level as possible with the movement of the boat, It needed to be a quick and easy tool less job to change the cooker or gas bottle when required, Charlie was expecting to go through a few cookers and gas bottles on his travels. It also had to look good in his boat.You can see the final design process and the finished item on this page both with pictures and videos.
    “The Stable Stove” was born
    These are made to order and can be adapted for any situation If you would like one made to order or to purchase a a stable stove please visit our main Safire website here:
    The Stable Stove

https://safirewaterjet.co.uk/the-sta...il-stove-html/

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
++ New Posts ++