WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

:banana Here's Where to Buy Cheap High Quality Gear and Clothes Online

Please add to the list in the comments (I'm sure you will anyway!)

SteepAndCheap.com (Backcountry.com's liquidation site - they also have a browser plugin to notify you of flash sales)
    SierraTradingPost.com
    TravelCounty.com
    MyTrail.com (formerly Go Lite's gear)
    REI.com Garage (they are also going to start selling their returned USED GEAR online)
    Amazon.com (6pm.com especially for clothing/shoes if you know you won't need to pay to return them for size issues)

Other things to do:

Find something you like and do a Google search for that particular item to find low prices.

Install the Honey extension on your browser and it will always find you the cheapest seller on Amazon for the same item. You can also select to have it monitor the price and notify you when it drops.

Install the priceblink extension on Chrome and it will tell you when an item for sale is cheaper on some other website.

Another tip: If you find something on clearance on REI.com - add it to your cart but search for it again under the Garage tab and often it is in there too for a cheaper price.

Maybe this is the "wrong place" for this post but this is where thru-hikers will see it and be able to use the info.

Ackk! I forgot Massdrop. Sign up for that. They are a group of people like us who join together to buy something in a mass buy, such as for example, this Klymit sleeping pad that I bought:

https://www.massdrop.com/vote/Backpa...rce=emailshare

Actually if you use this link I think there's a referral discount involved: Massdrop

https://www.massdrop.com/r/CL3C4N

correction:

My Trail is at mytrailco.com

if there is a way to edit previous posts please let me know, I can't find it. thanks.

Journeyman Journeyer
    Images

Maybe try thinking......then posting.

But fer whut...that was awesome!

I've found good deals at Marshalls

...and TJ Max

Also home goods

There all co owned I believe

At least Marshalls and TJ Max is...not sure about hom goods

I mean home gods

Home goods!

Home goods

Quote Originally Posted by rocketsocks View Post
    At least Marshalls and TJ Max is...not sure about hom goods
    TJ has bought SierraTradingPost.com, but it is still pretty good if you look for a 20 or 25 percent off coupon with free shipping over 50 bucks...

Deals are to be had everywhere. Google is your friend.

STP has the most consistently good deals on top name outdoor equipment.

Massdrop is a joke. I don't know what their business model is, but it is f'd up. Two out of 5 orders have been incredibly f'd up. And not just me. Each drop had extreme issues. The first drop never shipped, Massdrop lied and lied and finally gave up and credited my charge card back. Two weeks later, the product arrived. Unreal. Last order was for a 3pair drop of Injini wool blend hiking/running socks. Massdrop shipped everybody one pair. Then lied and said it was the manufacturer's fault and the product was guaranteed to be in warehouse on 9/25. A week after 9/25 I complained again. Then Massdrop sent out an email blast that the manufacturer was out of the size M(my order was a size L) so everyone got a credit back on their cards and got to keep the one pair that was shipped. The charge back went through. Today I got an email that the other two pair are on their way. ***????? Massdrop is a joke. Although, it seems that if you wait long enough, they screw up, you get a temporary charge on your card and two or three months later you get your money back and your original order eventually shows up. Unreal. The 23 emails required for the two messed up orders is a record. For the last messed up order, Massdrop demanded pictures!!! Unreal.

Amazon prime is the way to go for the vast majority of stuff. Especially the little stuff. The three times in the last year that Amazon took longer than a two day shipping to deliver, they came through. Once with a $10 account credit and the last two times they just told me to keep the late product and refunded me the entire purchase price. Now THAT is customer service!!!

STP is often way late on when you actually get the product, sometimes a week late. If you bitch long enough you will get either your shipping costs refunded or a 5 or 10 buck account credit. It's harder now that they are owned by TJ, AND you have to pay sales tax since TJ has a brick and mortar in almost every state...still, some awesome dealios...like my new Klymit 18L pack for...$24

GSMNP 900 Miler
    Journal Entries
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by SwathHiker View Post
    correction:

My Trail is at mytrailco.com

if there is a way to edit previous posts please let me know, I can't find it. thanks.

Become a Contributing Member
    for as little as $10/year and an "Edit" button is one of the perks.

mountainsteals.com offers some pretty hefty discounts from time to time

dutchwaregear.com- no one should go into the woods without shopping there first!

Is a good idea, contributing to get an edit button, thanks. Yeah, this info came up in another thread and I thought it'd make a useful thread by itself, especially for people new to distance hiking or looking from other countries. I was heading out of town so I had to post the stuff on my way out the door or actually put it in my calendar to remember to do it later, so I rushed to get it posted and there you have my barfed up suggestions above!
    Last edited by Alligator; 10-17-2017 at 01:05. Reason: No politics

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
++ New Posts ++