WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Thread: The doyle

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default The doyle

Trying to contact the Doyle at 717-834-6789... that's in AWOL's guide and on the internet. I can't get through but left a message on their Facebook page. I left the trail two days ago for health reasons and want to transfer my mail drop supplies to a SOBO I ran into. I'm in contact with him via texting and he is assuming he can get my supplies but as of yet, I cannot get a hold of anyone at the Doyle.

I wish I had more detailed info for you but this topic did come up about a month ago and had resolution, may try searching for that thread to find an updated number/ answer to the problem
    Trail Miles: 4,927.6
    AT Map 1: Complete 2013-2021
    Sheltowee Trace: Complete 2020-2023
    Pinhoti Trail: Complete 2023-2024
    Foothills Trail: 0.0
    AT Map 2: 279.4
    BMT: 52.7
    CDT: 85.4

Just got a hold of them... I guess they don't answer their phone very early and they don't have a voice mail account. They were opened and helped me out.... sorry I missed the opportunity to experience this icon.

Quote Originally Posted by Grunt View Post
    Just got a hold of them... I guess they don't answer their phone very early and they don't have a voice mail account. They were opened and helped me out.... sorry I missed the opportunity to experience this icon.
    Well to be honest the most you really missed out on was a beer and hamburger. The owners are great, but I would never stay the night again without some major renos which are probably never going to happen. If I ever do that stretch again, and when I complete PA by walking into Duncannon on my next sobo trip I will stop in, have a beer and burger and uber to the next hotel.
    Trail Miles: 4,927.6
    AT Map 1: Complete 2013-2021
    Sheltowee Trace: Complete 2020-2023
    Pinhoti Trail: Complete 2023-2024
    Foothills Trail: 0.0
    AT Map 2: 279.4
    BMT: 52.7
    CDT: 85.4

Default The doyle

Quote Originally Posted by Gambit McCrae View Post
    Well to be honest the most you really missed out on was a beer and hamburger. The owners are great, but I would never stay the night again without some major renos which are probably never going to happen. If I ever do that stretch again, and when I complete PA by walking into Duncannon on my next sobo trip I will stop in, have a beer and burger and uber to the next hotel.
    Oh I don’t know, not staying there would be a truly missed AT experience. No elevator, only rooms are on the 3rd floor, doors on your rooms don’t really lock, no air conditioning, looking up in the shower and seeing the plumbing on the floor above—- it’s all so nostalgic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Last edited by Deacon; 10-17-2017 at 15:14.

Quote Originally Posted by Deacon View Post
    Oh I don’t know, not staying there would be a truly missed AT experience. No elevator, only rooms are on the 3rd floor, doors on your rooms don’t really lock, no air conditioning, looking up in the shower and seeing the plumbing on the floor above—- it’s all so nostalgic.
    not really.....

I have to agree, it is not the Hilton, but my son and I had a good bed to sleep on. Spartan conditions, hole in hallway ceiling, but over all OK. Good food the times I have been there on 3 different occasions.

Why wouldn't you want to stay in a place which is one good kitchen grease fire away from being reduced to a pile of ash in a matter of minutes? Don't be concerned by the lack of smoke detectors or fire escapes.
    Follow slogoen on Instagram.

Journal Entries

If referring to lodging, theres nothing positive that can be said about the doyle. Its a dumps, dump.

I loved the doyle. Nice food and beer. Had a great time with the owner and there’s a pool table. The rooms were clean and nice. Don’t expect luxury for that price. I always would recommend it.
    But it’s gonna be a yellow deli soon. I heard the twelve tribes bought it. The worst what could happen to that place.

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Bananajoe View Post
    I loved the doyle. Nice food and beer. Had a great time with the owner and there’s a pool table. The rooms were clean and nice. Don’t expect luxury for that price. I always would recommend it.
    But it’s gonna be a yellow deli soon. I heard the twelve tribes bought it. The worst what could happen to that place.

Whatever anyone thinks of the Yellow Deli folks, I’m sure they will improve the place.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Journal Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bananajoe View Post
    . The rooms were clean and nice.
    Compared to what?
    Last edited by MuddyWaters; 10-19-2017 at 07:05.

deliverance

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    A Human Being.

++ New Posts ++