WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Default Advice: Ladies 15ish degree bag for side sleeper

Ladies, I’m looking for your experience with spoon/hour glass/relaxed mummy style sleeping bags for my side sleeper spouse. I’ll take any guidance you can provide, but I’m shooting for <3lbs, EN15ish rated, needs to have a hood, and in the $350 neighborhood (but I’ll spend whatever it takes). Thoughts?
    Please view YouTube channel “Thru-hiking with Scars” for updates on my 2018 Charity AT Thru-hike, supporting the Cancer Research Institute

The EN 15ish rating? Is that women’s comfort or male lower limit?
    Feathered Friends offers several Women’s bags. Your price range is too low for reliable conservative temperature ratings. However, the weight will be closer to 2 pounds instead of 3 pounds.
    Good luck!
    Wayne

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Eddie Valiant: "That lame-brain freeway idea could only be cooked up by a toon."
    https://wayne-ayearwithbigfootandbubba.blogspot.com
    FlickrMyBookTwitSpaceFace

Images

Montbell Down Hugger 800 #1 if she has to carry it. You can get into your price range with a lower fill number but the weight goes up. As a small lady myself, every ounce matters so I spend the dollars.

Quote Originally Posted by Sandy of PA View Post
    Montbell Down Hugger 800 #1 if she has to carry it. You can get into your price range with a lower fill number but the weight goes up. As a small lady myself, every ounce matters so I spend the dollars.
    Yup, she’ll be carrying it. I appreciate the lead and will go check it out, thank you.
    Please view YouTube channel “Thru-hiking with Scars” for updates on my 2018 Charity AT Thru-hike, supporting the Cancer Research Institute

Quote Originally Posted by Sandy of PA View Post
    Spot on, this was exactly the design, fill, weight and performance reviews I was looking for in a bag. Looking up Montbell put me on to other options as well, but I think this is the one, we’ll see how she likes it. Thanks again, Scars.

The Nemo Rave 15 is a women's 15* bag with a unique hour-glass shape designed specifically for comfort and weights in at about 3 lbs.
    The REI women's Joule 21 is the equivalent of of men's 10* bag and weighs in at about 2.3 lbs. This one also comes in a wide that will give a fair bit more room for a couple more dollars and a couple more oz.

You could probably try out of fit of either of these at your local REI, if you have one.

I also wouldn't rule out a quilt unless your thought about it, tried one out, and decided that a quilt isn't for you.
    I'm not lost. I'm exploring.

my wife loves the rei joule 21 (en-rated at 21)
    We have found it true to temp down to 25, with zero issues with warmth at that temp. And she sleeps pretty cold and has complained about previous bags near the rating
    Would need to try it for comfort, but try the regular and wide if you're considering it

It's good value, and often goes on sale

i returned my nemo spoon bag and got another montbell. They are truly awesome. very soft, cozy and light and in the 800 fill they have short length avail. Subtract 10 degrees from their ratings because they are marketing to men. So get a 20 degree for true 30 degree coverage. they are very light and if laundered properly will last years. love them. very stretchy. Being hugged by a cloud someone called it. Not restrictive at all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    A Human Being.

++ New Posts ++