WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Default Met a Yo-yo in the Smokies

Met a guy who used doing AT Yo-Yo on 10/15 near Cosby Shelter in the Smokies. He said he left Springer on 3/31. On his way back to Springer, he ditched his BA Fly Creek relying on shelters only. He says his base weight is around 9 lbs.

Sent from my ASUS_Z01HD using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Runner2017 View Post
    Met a guy who used doing AT Yo-Yo on 10/15 near Cosby Shelter in the Smokies. He said he left Springer on 3/31. On his way back to Springer, he ditched his BA Fly Creek relying on shelters only. He says his base weight is around 9 lbs.

Here is the photo

So you met him on the 199th day of his journey. Since he had around 230 miles to go he will probably finish in around 209 days, on the 25th, give or take a day (he's averaged around 21 miles per day). I wonder if he set out with the yo-yo goal in mind or if the idea sprouted somewhere along the way.
    Life Member: ATC, ALDHA, Superior Hiking Trail Association

Quote Originally Posted by map man View Post
    I wonder if he set out with the yo-yo goal in mind or if the idea sprouted somewhere along the way.
    I have met 2 yoyos and both sprouted the idea...1 of them sprouted it on Katahdin. The other did not have a place to call home so he just kept hiking
    Trail Miles: 4,927.6
    AT Map 1: Complete 2013-2021
    Sheltowee Trace: Complete 2020-2023
    Pinhoti Trail: Complete 2023-2024
    Foothills Trail: 0.0
    AT Map 2: 279.4
    BMT: 52.7
    CDT: 85.4

Quote Originally Posted by map man View Post
    So you met him on the 199th day of his journey. Since he had around 230 miles to go he will probably finish in around 209 days, on the 25th, give or take a day (he's averaged around 21 miles per day). I wonder if he set out with the yo-yo goal in mind or if the idea sprouted somewhere along the way.
    That's what he set out to do. He's been hiking long distance trails since 2012 and has done PCT/CDT/GET/AZT etc.

Met a sorta yoyo yesterday near NOC. Finished his hike south and didn't need to be back to Fredericksburg till mid November, so he walking there...

++ New Posts ++