WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

googled the restaurant name and found a thread “taco joe” from some website and that he was stabbed a ways back... by a waitress... may have happened twice.

Journal Entries

I am very saddened I just can't get the words out. I'm sorry, this is horrible, to use a christian term this is satanic, it is hate, anger, disgusting as the devil itself.

Road Trip!

What happened that led up to this confrontation? I mean, it must take alot for a business owner to come outside and assault a ?customer?. The video only shows one side.
    It is what it is.

GSMNP 900 Miler
    Journal Entries
    Images

So the owners of "Hey Joe's" are willing to spout horrible anti-Semitic crap...

...but what's the "rest of the story"?

In modern society, bigotry doesn't raise to the level of physical violence unless the bigot is provoked.

So I've got to wonder what the camera man did or said before the camera was rolling that provoked this anti-Semitic crap that went so far as to physically strike the camera man.

I was just in Damascus this weekend. I think I drove by that place on the way to the library. Can anyone confirm it's just before the right turn to Water St?
    It is what it is.

I guess it’s safe to assume they’re not serving kosher food........what D bags but I’m curious what happened prior to the camera scene......real winners

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Somewhere in the Facebook threads about this someone noted that the place is supposed to be closing soon. Maybe a number of things are brewing. When I was there last month a waiter noted that it was very hard to get their license and things in the town have become difficult. Maybe there's a reason for that and maybe the owners have had issues in town. Speculation but there are two sides to that story just as there are likely two sides to this one. In the end, nothing should ever rise to the point you're slinging this type of bigoted diatribe at someone.

Journal Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JPritch View Post
    What happened that led up to this confrontation? I mean, it must take alot for a business owner to come outside and assault a ?customer?. The video only shows one side.
    ^^

for someone to come after someone down street and flip them off and insult them....they was provoked somehow. Someone waiting with a phone to video...douchebag as well.. Normal people dont create problems, and if there is conflict they just ......leave. They dont video unless they want to start something by posting it ...online. Hey...wait a minute....
    Last edited by MuddyWaters; 10-23-2017 at 18:57.

Journal Entries
    Images

I practically RAN here after work to post this. Glad someone beat me to the punch. I was just talking about how friendly people are every time I come to Damascus. Now I'm not so sure. I have eaten there before but will absolutely reconsider visiting Damascus any time soon because of this. If they're anti Semitic I wonder how they'd react to me walking in?

It wouldn't be good for either party. I hope their business fails miserably.
    "The woods are lovely, dark and deep,
    But I have promises to keep,
    And miles to go before I sleep,
    And miles to go before I sleep."

Quote Originally Posted by HooKooDooKu View Post

In modern society, bigotry doesn't raise to the level of physical violence unless the bigot is provoked.

So I've got to wonder what the camera man did or said before the camera was rolling that provoked this anti-Semitic crap that went so far as to physically strike the camera man.
    We need to stop tolerating the intolerant - it doesn't matter what set them off. They are what they are.

Regardless if how proveked they were if they were there is no excuse. Plus when i called for their side of the story I was cussed at unprovoked.

Additionally I spoke to a resident who told me they had a reputation of bad behavior.

Also maybe they had the phone out because they were followed. And one of the owners said he wanted to be filmed. I heard it when I watched the video.

Journal Entries

Quote Originally Posted by KDogg View Post
    We need to stop tolerating the intolerant - it doesn't matter what set them off. They are what they are.
    But thats being intolerant......

theres more to being tolerant.......than tolerating only people you agree with.
    Last edited by MuddyWaters; 10-23-2017 at 20:29.

Journal Entries
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by HooKooDooKu View Post

Soo, what did the Jews in Europe do to provoke Hitler?

I'll wait....
    "The woods are lovely, dark and deep,
    But I have promises to keep,
    And miles to go before I sleep,
    And miles to go before I sleep."

Quote Originally Posted by MuddyWaters View Post
    But thats being intolerant......

theres more to being tolerant.......than tolerating only people you agree with.
    Yeah, our warped sense of Freedom in this country would say so. However, the video shows intolerance by any measure and THAT, imo, is what we need to rise up against as a society.

Journal Entries
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by KDogg View Post
    Yeah, our warped sense of Freedom in this country would say so. However, the video shows intolerance by any measure and THAT, imo, is what we need to rise up against as a society.
    So should the people of Damascus.

Quote Originally Posted by JumpMaster Blaster View Post
    Soo, what did the Jews in Europe do to provoke Hitler?

I'll wait....
    HooKooDooKu did say "In Modern Society". Pre WWII is not considered modern society.

I disagree with people having to be provoked to reach this level of violence. We live in a time of hateful name calling and demonizing when some disagrees with you, but I'm also interested to know what happened prior to these two knuckleheads going off like that.

Registered User dudeijuststarted's Avatar
    Images

I wonder what rumblings are about at ATC HQ....

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
++ New Posts ++