WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Redrowen View Post
    HooKooDooKu did say "In Modern Society". Pre WWII is not considered modern society.

I wouldn't dream of defending these guys, but I would be curious if the guy insulted them in anyway first. I read the topix on Hey Joe's it sounds like they fly a confederate flag and we know how that sets some people off. On Topix there was all kinds of inflammatory responses about them having the flag and derogatory references to their heritage.

As business owners they should be ready to handle such comments in a much more productive way, but I would be interested what was said before, not that it excuses their behavior. But were they purposely bated into a filmed response.

Ha ***....see email adddress..this entire thing is bogus...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Off google

Quote Originally Posted by ernie84 View Post
    Do you have something of substance to contribute regarding the definition of what is Modern Society?

GSMNP 900 Miler
    Journal Entries
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by KDogg View Post
    We need to stop tolerating the intolerant - it doesn't matter what set them off. They are what they are.
    Since when is wondering what "set them off" equate to any suggestion of tolerance for spouting horrible anti-Semitic crap???

It is not against the law to be a jerk; God bless America. But I don't have to eat a jerk's tacos.

GSMNP 900 Miler
    Journal Entries
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by JumpMaster Blaster View Post
    Soo, what did the Jews in Europe do to provoke Hitler?

I'll wait....
    Wow... That was a quick path to fulfilling Godwin's Law.

Quote Originally Posted by HooKooDooKu View Post
    Wow... That was a quick path to fulfilling Godwin's Law.
    Umm, not exactly -- we started there, with the crap about "Jewish oven" in the video.

They have the right to say whatever they want.

I find what they said disgusting.

I doubt they will be in business much longer and I will never support any business either if these guys own or control.

All that being said, as a decent human being, there's nothing anyone could ever say or do that would "provoke" me to respond like they did. And IMO, asking what the people filming did to "provoke" that response is akin to questioning what a woman did to provoke a rape.

https://tinyurl.com/MyFDresults

A vigorous five-mile walk will do more good for an unhappy but otherwise healthy adult than all the medicine and psychology in the world. ~Paul Dudley White

Quote Originally Posted by ernie84 View Post
    IMG
    Would you like to point out any inaccuracies in my post?

Quote Originally Posted by saltysack View Post
    Ha ***....see email adddress..this entire thing is bogus...

When I called hey joes they answered the phone by asking what the f@@@ I wanted. They did not deny the allegation.

When I called the library I was informed that the owners of hey joes have a bad reputation.

I was also told that they are considered outsiders and that they dont fit in with the rest of the town.

I also understand the police are investigating the incident.

GSMNP 900 Miler
    Journal Entries
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by PennyPincher View Post
    there's nothing anyone could ever say or do that would "provoke" me to respond like they did.
    That just means you're not an @$$-O like they are...
    ... and I would agree with the sentiment that I assume you are trying to make... there's nothing that could have been said or done to JUSTIFY the violence or the hate speech.

But that doesn't mean the camera man is totally innocent.

...asking what the people filming did to "provoke" that response is akin to questioning what a woman did to provoke a rape...
    Unfair comparison... as you know a woman doesn't have to 'do' anything to become a victim.

But even an idiot doesn't start taking a swing a someone without being provoked in some manor... justified or not.

So a number of posts were deleted. Political posts, which include posts slinging monkey poo at the government, will be deleted along with responses to said post. If it's not a political action with a clear trail connection it will be deleted.

As far as this thread, I am not ruling out the possibility that there was some contribution by the videographer to the confrontation. However assuming that had to have happened is mistaken. Sometimes random violence happens. Look no further than the AT to find a modern incident of two women being attacked simply for loving one another. Or Dylan Roof attacking a black church. I think he's quoted as saying he almost didn't do it because they were so nice to him. Someone pulling out a phone to record does not mean they have nefarious purposes. I've done it before with the intent to show it to the police as evidence.

I'm going to reopen the thread.
    "Sleepy alligator in the noonday sun
    Sleepin by the river just like he usually done
    Call for his whisky
    He can call for his tea
    Call all he wanta but he can't call me..."
    Robert Hunter & Ron McKernan

Whiteblaze.net User Agreement.

They have the right to say whatever they want.

I find what they said disgusting.

I doubt they will be in business much longer and I will never support any business either if these guys own or control.

All that being said, as a decent human being, there's nothing anyone could ever say or do that would "provoke" me to respond like they did. And IMO, asking what the people filming did to "provoke" that response is akin to questioning what a woman did to provoke a rape.

This post says it all, I hope word spreads about these guys and they spend their last dollar trying to keep the store open and then end up broke and jobless. There is no reason to be that ignorant today. We as a society should have educated racism into extinction by now.

This has been posted in every hiking group I am in on facebook and I hope the majority of hikers get a chance to see it before eating there.

Regardless of what they said, this hypersensitive PC world that we now live in is even worse.

People need to toughen the f@&k up. We have turned into a national of absolute wimps. Especially the snowflake children.

I welcome free speech and whatever anyone wants to say. And yes, even if it makes you uncomfortable.

And to get the police involved? Are you kidding me? Limiting any speech will turn us even more into a police state.

This story is horrible. But the public reaction was even worse.

Images

Quote Originally Posted by cneill13 View Post
    Regardless of what they said, this hypersensitive PC world that we now live in is even worse.

People need to toughen the f@&k up. We have turned into a national of absolute wimps. Especially the snowflake children.

I welcome free speech and whatever anyone wants to say. And yes, even if it makes you uncomfortable.

And to get the police involved? Are you kidding me? Limiting any speech will turn us even more into a police state.

IMO - police are probably involved because of a recorded incidence of assault and battery on someone who appears to be backing away from the aggressor(s). I wonder what may have happened in a concealed carry state such as FL.

Free speech is one thing - regardless of the nasty content. INCLUDING profanity that coarsens the dialogue and society in general. However, anything you may say does NOT condone ANY violence against you.
    Old Hiker
    AT Hike 2012 - 497 Miles of 2184
    AT Thru Hiker - 29 FEB - 03 OCT 2016 2189.1 miles
    Just because my teeth are showing, does NOT mean I'm smiling.
    Hányszor lennél inkább máshol?

Registered User dudeijuststarted's Avatar
    Images

The speech is one thing. It is vile, and people are appalled for a reason. I'm surprised by so much justification of ethnic cleansing on this thread. Free speech is one thing, condoning unthinkable slaughter is another. Being zombied out on bath salts or whatever the heck that was and physically chasing someone down & threatening them is also another. If there hadn't been a camera, who knows what those 2 idiots would have attempted.

Either way, they need serious counseling and separation from whatever moron is putting that stuff into their heads. Its gonna be a while until Damascus reputation heals from this one. I don't even want to go back there and its one of my go-to getaways.

Did I miss something? These guys told someone to die in a "Jewish oven". What was the public reaction that you are so offended by? Just leave it at "This story is horrible."
    You can walk in another person's shoes, but only with your feet

Unacceptable behavior by general public, let alone operators of a business. Any way you slice it. No matter if you play devils advocate and inquire about what led to the video we have seen. Completely inappropriate. Those fellas got problems and the internet just happens to be one of them.

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
++ New Posts ++