WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

View Poll Results: Strato2 or Duplex?

Voters
10. This poll is closed
  • TarpTent StratoSpire 2

1 10.00%
  • Zpacks Duplex Spruce Green

9 90.00%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Leonidas

Good to know!
    AT: 695.7 mi
    Benton MacKaye Trail '20
    Pinhoti Trail '18-19'
    @leonidasonthetrail https://www.youtube.com/c/LeonidasontheTrail

Everyone talks about using the TarpTent inners alone.
    In my limited experience, I much prefer the fly alone. Cowboy camping when possible. Leaving the inner in the car. The TT SS 1 fly is in the low 20 ounces as I recall. And huge with the vestibules staked out.
    Wayne

Quote Originally Posted by JC13 View Post
    I know this is old and Gambit hasn't reviewed yet. With the TT SS2 Li now being available, I wonder if this would be a contender? Looks like the fly is .51 cuben though and not the .74. ~5oz heavier but DW and fly first setup or no fly for bug protection on those clear nights. Price is slightly higher as well.
    I've only had mine up once but I really like it so far...love the true double wall of the SS Li. I sold my Duplex to buy the Li as I had been dreaming of a true double wall DCF tent for years.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gambit McCrae View Post
    If the Li was available when I needed to purchase then I would more then likely have the Li. I have found that the duplex is not quite long enough for my height/ sleep system. I am 6'2"ish and use a long wide exped synmat. either my head or foot box is toughing the top of the duplex if I do not use sticks/ umbrella vertically under guy lines as seen below.

I miss my TT. I enjoy the weight savings of the duplex. I would be extremely happy with the duplex if it were 6" longer
    The SS Li is 4" shorter than the Duplex which is fine for people like me who don't need the extra length but obviously might be an issue for taller people. So I'm guessing you would have still ended up with the Duplex

Quote Originally Posted by DuneElliot View Post
    I've only had mine up once but I really like it so far...love the true double wall of the SS Li. I sold my Duplex to buy the Li as I had been dreaming of a true double wall DCF tent for years.

The SS Li is 4" shorter than the Duplex which is fine for people like me who don't need the extra length but obviously might be an issue for taller people. So I'm guessing you would have still ended up with the Duplex
    With the end guy lines pitched with vertical poles as I pictured earlier, I think I can live with the duplex. Just wish it was a little longer so that that wasn't a requirement for me. We all know sometimes the tent gets put up quickly to beat the rain and having to do that vertical stick job takes just as long as setting up the actual tent.
    Trail Miles: 4,980.5
    AT Map 1: Complete 2013-2021
    Sheltowee Trace: Complete 2020-2023
    Pinhoti Trail: Complete 2023-2024
    Foothills Trail: 47.9
    AT Map 2: 279.4
    BMT: 52.7
    CDT: 85.4

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
++ New Posts ++