Default Hi section hike A and B sections mid November anyone want to join?

I have some time on my hands hoping to get on AT this coming spring!
    It's a long story though I am 50. I did do a most of a thru hike in 1991 on the AT I was schooled for six months but never did the whole trail was southbound and winter became too rough.
    In my mind always seemed like unfinished business always there can go back at any time......
    I had a back injury 2014 that didn't seem to heal and I am slowly overcoming I hope.....it's been 3 years now and I am from couch bound to able to hike 20 miles in a couple days Doctor said stage one degenerative spondylitis!!! I really didn't listen things about shots and surgery screw that I know what the human body can do burning 6000 calories a day. I just got old and had to get in shape again. I have been training and training! I have been slowly getting gear and am ready to give the gear a longer test. Pack weight about 25-27 lbs with 4 days of food with 4 liters of water.
    I did a 2 day hike to summit San Jancinto 3 weeks ago and am ready for some casual long distance why not start at the terminus of the PCT?
    My job in So Cal laid me off another long story. Which means I have winter here to get trained. My car will be by Idylwild in case weather goes sour anything can happen above 5000' this time of year on San Jacinto but want to maybe hike to big bear then back to idylwild weather permitting. Leaving mid November! Does this sound like a good plan? Anyone want to join? 2-3 weeks? Old trail name is easywind!

This was me 27 years ago ready to get those legs moving never pass up a second chance right?

Not sure how to upload a picture can't get it to work

Does it help if I say ward Lenord hiked past me the year I hiked 10:00 at night with a head lamp people really didn't do much night hiking then "can't talk now got a long way to...." and off he went never even slowed down to say hello and bear did the fastest thru hike although supported it was 85 days did you see my picture did you look at those boots!!!! I think 5 lbs a shoe!?!?I was so out of my element backpack had more packs on top I was so stupid took 3 months to figure out. Now I am so stoked with modern technology and the always inventive youth!!!
    There is a really good chance of completing a thru hike for me but I need to make sure I can go for long distance and hoping someone would comment this is my fist few posts at whiteblaze!

I went from bigelow mountain range June 14th to the Virginia Tennessee border December 10th

My dog "Tosh" was killed hit and run I have never owned a dog since! It happened in gorham nh right before the whites. I was in hostel for two weeks they finally told me to leave and move on I was a downer to say the least!
    first night back on trail was a camp group of younger kids pre teen and college age counslers everyone of those kids had a heartbreaking story about losing a loved pet in its sadness one of the more healing points in life for me good kids got me back in gear

++ New Posts ++