WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Tipi Walter View Post
    This is a great map!! Overlay your example with this other view and you can see how the old YCMT went thru Green Gap and continued on the ridge to Walker Gap and joining the AT.

It's a great choice for backpackers who don't want to go to Fontana and instead immediately link up with the AT in Walker Gap---(Once you get to the map, click on USGS view and you'll see the continuation of the YCMT to the AT)---

http://bighike.net/m?lat=35.432639&lon=-83.869388
    Thanks! Means a lot coming from a such a prolific expert. Check the map now, I updated it today with new data from my November hike.

I'd like to try the trail between Walker and Green Gap. The BMT through Fontana isn't great, and skipping the gas station is no hardship when there's a restaurant at Tapoca.

I don't know if you're interested in GPS, but it seems like you could contribute a lot to my mapping project. Takes a little computer know-how but I'd be happy to walk you through it if you were interested. The latest data files, which I periodically update the map with, are here: https://github.com/hsnetzer/bmt-gpx

Images

While on the subject of the YCMT,

Great views from the brambly clearings! I think this is the Hangover, looked huge that day.

Quote Originally Posted by Linesman View Post

I'd like to try the trail between Walker and Green Gap. The BMT through Fontana isn't great, and skipping the gas station is no hardship when there's a restaurant at Tapoca.
    I backpacked this trail extension section about 5 times and the last time it was hard to follow but I made it to Walker Gap on the AT and then came back the same way later. I got slightly "lost" between Green Gap on the BMT/YCMT and Walker Gap but I made it.

Let me know how you do---

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
++ New Posts ++