WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Maineiac64 View Post
    ............ there doesn't seem to be a high percentage of people that donate to help WB and the AT...........
    Don't assume that when a person doesn't donate to white blaze that they aren't helping the AT, those 2 actions are not one and the same.
    While I haven't donated to White Blaze, I do help the AT. My wife and I are both AT maintainers with the New York/New Jersey Trail Conference.
    We've spent plenty of both time and money "helping" the AT over many years.
    Let me ask the original poster, how many hours and dollars have you spent in the last year helping the AT????

Quote Originally Posted by LIhikers View Post
    Don't assume that when a person doesn't donate to white blaze that they aren't helping the AT, those 2 actions are not one and the same.
    While I haven't donated to White Blaze, I do help the AT. My wife and I are both AT maintainers with the New York/New Jersey Trail Conference.
    We've spent plenty of both time and money "helping" the AT over many years.
    Let me ask the original poster, how many hours and dollars have you spent in the last year helping the AT????
    Thank you. This thread is about donating to WB, my mention of helping the AT was pointing at the fact that a portion of the WB donation goes to the ATC, but I should have been more clear about that. I am not assuming that people are not helping the community in other ways, it is of course very evident that they are. Please do not feel guilty about not donating to WB given your other support and that it is purely voluntary.

Journal Entries
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by LIhikers View Post
    Nobody contributes to everything from which they derive a benefit.

I'm a broke returning-college student and $10 is more than 25% of my weekly budget

I try to give back to the members by shipping out things I no longer use when I can and I've shuttled a couple members in the white's before, but obviously that does nothing to keep the servers up and running.

I think donating is usually something you do because it makes you feel good. If i had more money and used this site more often I'd probably donate because I'd feel good about myself for contributing to a resource I find valuable.

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Maineiac64 View Post
    Thank you. This thread is about donating to WB, my mention of helping the AT was pointing at the fact that a portion of the WB donation goes to the ATC, but I should have been more clear about that. I am not assuming that people are not helping the community in other ways, it is of course very evident that they are. Please do not feel guilty about not donating to WB given your other support and that it is purely voluntary.
    OK, I now better understand your original message, and intention.
    And thanks for the Thank You

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4
++ New Posts ++