WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Default Ultralight camp stove page

https://www.facebook.com/UltralightStoves

Thought I knew all the wood and alternative stoves out there but found a few more there, and since they have Zelphs Fancee Feast posted there, you know the place is the titz

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Crossup View Post
    https://www.facebook.com/UltralightStoves

Thought I knew all the wood and alternative stoves out there but found a few more there, and since they have Zelphs Fancee Feast posted there, you know the place is the titz
    Nice place to spend an hour or two just looking at all the different stoves

Fancee Feest is still alive and well :-)

http://www.woodgaz-stove.com/fancee-feest.php

Outside of your and Qiwiz's stuff, and some of the DIY, hardly anything else is seriously gram-weenie UL.

Images

The Starlyte Stove is a one piece stove that came into being here on WB in the DIY forum. They are still one of the popular ones for light weight kits. Fuel is absorbed and won't spill out if tipped over. Nice feature for areas prone to fire bans.

http://www.woodgaz-stove.com/starlyte-stove.php

https://whiteblaze.net/forum/showthr...-lytest-almost

Last edited by zelph; 07-31-2018 at 23:24.

Quote Originally Posted by zelph View Post
    Nice place to spend an hour or two just looking at all the different stoves

Fancee Feest is still alive and well :-)

http://www.woodgaz-stove.com/fancee-feest.php

OR, look for 5 mins, order a Zelph stove, and catch a rerun of Naked & Afraid.

Images

Dogwood knows the fun of videos :-)

I love one piece stoves that don't spill. :-)

I'm working on my last batch of Venom Super Stoves. No more Venom bottles to be found anywhere. After this last batch the stove is history.

I wish they still made Heineken cans the original way.
    https://whiteblaze.net/forum/showthr...hlight=mangold

Some I've never heard of; many not UL at all; some great ones. Interesting collection, mostly of promotional posts.
    Find the LIGHT STUFF at QiWiz.net

The lightest cathole trowels, wood burning stoves, windscreens, spatulas,
    cooking options, titanium and aluminum pots, and buck saws on the planet

I like my Starlyte stove because it works and does not spill.Something to think about;especially when you share a table at a shelter with people you don't know.Yeah,I have had a different alcohol stove get away from me once because it stuck to the soot on the bottom of my pot and promptly fell off once I lifted the pot.That got exciting very quickly!

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Five Tango View Post
    I like my Starlyte stove because it works and does not spill.Something to think about;especially when you share a table at a shelter with people you don't know.Yeah,I have had a different alcohol stove get away from me once because it stuck to the soot on the bottom of my pot and promptly fell off once I lifted the pot.That got exciting very quickly!
    When I first got interested in making stoves I liked the Supercat Stove because it was one piece. After making a few and testing them I found out that they had a tendency to stick to the bottom of my pot when least expected. They still had fuel in them when they stuck and when the pot was a foot or so in the air the stove would drop off. I continued to experiment to see "what" was causing it to stick. The stove got hot to a point the alcohol boiled and the little boil bubbles burst and cause liquid fuel to be deposited on the bottom of the pot and the rim of the stove which in turn formed a liquid "seal" to the pot. When the pot was lifted and tilted a little, the seal would be broken and stove would fall off. Scary scary stuff. No soot on the pot was necessary for it to stick.

Those of you that have the Supercat stoves be cautious

Quote Originally Posted by zelph View Post
    When I first got interested in making stoves I liked the Supercat Stove because it was one piece. After making a few and testing them I found out that they had a tendency to stick to the bottom of my pot when least expected. They still had fuel in them when they stuck and when the pot was a foot or so in the air the stove would drop off. I continued to experiment to see "what" was causing it to stick. The stove got hot to a point the alcohol boiled and the little boil bubbles burst and cause liquid fuel to be deposited on the bottom of the pot and the rim of the stove which in turn formed a liquid "seal" to the pot. When the pot was lifted and tilted a little, the seal would be broken and stove would fall off. Scary scary stuff. No soot on the pot was necessary for it to stick.

Those of you that have the Supercat stoves be cautious
    My worst experience with a Supercat was when I tried it with my Olicamp XTS pot which has a heat exchanger on the bottom. I picked up the stove at one point and the whole bottom of the pot was on fire. I put it out with water and ended the experiment, never to be repeated so I can only guess to the cause, but I think the stove put out a lot of alcohol fumes that condensed on the heat exchangers and then caught fire when they got hot enough.

For this and other reasons, I only use alcohol stoves that set on a dedicated pot stand (not on the stove like the ones pictured above). I know some like the convenience of a one piece system, but for me, a pot on the narrow diameter of a stand integrated into a stove is just too easy to tip over. With the pot I have, I use a combination wind screen/pot stand. It is a cylinder of aluminum flashing cut so it is centered on the bottom of the heat exchanger ring. There are air inlet holes on the bottom but none on the top so all the heat is forced through the heat exchangers. Not really UL, as it is a relatively heavy/bomb proof pot, but it sure is convenient, efficient, and reliable.

Nice link thanks for sharing.
    I am getting more and more into the DIY stove projects.

++ New Posts ++