WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Leo L. View Post
    Now having grown old, as my born-with shortsightedness is accompanied by a developed longsightedness, so if I would use contacts I would need glasses for reading and using the smartphone, so its easier nad cheaper to just use no contacts but my standard glasses.
    About 20 years ago I noticed I was having difficulty focusing for long periods and solved that with reading glasses (in addition to my contacts to correct nearsightedness. Found some great, extended wear contacts that I wore continously for about a week on the AT and PCT with reading glasses to be able to read maps. About 8 or so years ago, the same extended wear contacts became available in multi-focal versions so goodbye reading glasses. You are correct in hygiene being a big task for contacts, but being able to wear them continuously, day and night, for a week moves the hygiene issues to towns. I use rewetting drops morning and night in between.
    Handlebar
    GA-ME 06; PCT 08; CDT 10,11,12; ALT 11; MSPA 12; CT 13; Sheltowee 14; AZT 14, 15; LT 15;FT 16;NCT-NY&PA 16; GET 17-18

Quote Originally Posted by eabyrd1506 View Post
    They feel so much more comfortable from the first moment you wear them it is amazing. The process for putting them in takes some practice as you must fill each lens with saline and hold it level as you raise it to your eye. Your head must be parallel to the ground so the saline doesn’t spill. Once in though your eye is in a saline bath all day with no contact (literally) between the lens and the cornea.

My GP lenses would move in my eye on occasion and even pop out at times if I looked hard to the side or blinked wrong. These have been totally stable. Not a single issue with them. I do also think the risk of contamination is less

As you may be able to tell, I am a fan

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    thank Ill have to talk to him about them next time.

•Completed A.T. Section Hike GA to ME 1996 thru 2003 •Donating Member Skyline's Avatar
    Images

I wear the 30-day lenses that you leave in while sleeping (actually it is recommended to take them out and clean them, and put them back on in the morning about halfway through the 30 days).

These have worked well for me while backpacking. Better than trying to take them out and/or clean them each night in a tent.

Contacts for hiking...can't hike in glasses when they constantly slip down my nose...hate them

I switch out at night and wear glasses. I wash my hands before I touch my eyes but I'm also terrible about washing my hands before removing them most of the time anyway so not super worried.

I always carry a back-up pair AND my glasses.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
++ New Posts ++