Images

Default Trail Journal of "once in a lifetime" PCT thru hike of 2017:

http://www.trailjournals.com/journal/entry/557496

There you have it folks. I promise you a different journal. Good or bad is your judgment when you read it but it is different. It gets better when you go further than a few starting entries. Lots of photos .Sweat,tears and blood unlimited. Losing a hiking partner also in it.

If you have an eye for different, don't miss this journal. I put my heart and soul in it.

Registered Offender

There's a lot there; I like that!

I'll print up a few random days and take them while camping this week; I'll see if I can find what, precisely, makes it different! Congrats on your journey.

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Uriah View Post
    There's a lot there; I like that!

I'll print up a few random days and take them while camping this week; I'll see if I can find what, precisely, makes it different! Congrats on your journey.

Sound good to me. Thanks for giving it a shot.

Then he said if we hikers think crunching is not necessary we need to know who was at Donner pass last year the exact same day! Sherpa.
    and

Some weeks later, after skipping some fire closures I was at I guess Steven's Pass at 13th of September. There was some information about Sherpa on the wall. He had been in the same spot (Steven's Pass ) at Oct 12th almost a month later than us.
    I managed to lose only 14 pounds weight. It was all fat, the last two months I gained 4 pounds ,mostly muscle. Food was challenge for a long time. I don't know how I lost only 14 pounds when I did not eat enough for a long time. The numbers did not add up. I burned 4000 calorie, consumed 2000 and did not lose weight. I have no explanation for it. When I started to eat properly, I started to hike faster and longer. I know that.
    So here comes mentioning Tree again. Sister, you captured our heart by your flying freely soul . By your passion for life. By your fearless approach. It turned out that fearlessness was too much for such an Unforgiving year. You made one mistake and it cost your life. Everybody should be allowed to make mistakes sister, everybody.We grow up making tons but not in Sierra of this yea
    Wish you the best.

Chaocui “Tree” Wang, of China, passed away in Yosemite National Park. She was found on July 30 in Rancheria Creek in Kerrick Canyon, downstream from where the PCT crosses the creek. She was 27. She was also thru-hiking the trail and was also loved by many
    https://www.pcta.org/2017/sadness-de...t-trail-50680/

I admit I don't think of death on the AT as a normal thing to expect every year. Seems the PCT is more deadly.

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Elaikases View Post
    https://www.pcta.org/2017/sadness-de...t-trail-50680/

I admit I don't think of death on the AT as a normal thing to expect every year. Seems the PCT is more deadly.

In a normal year , it is not a deadly trail if you keep your guards up but 2017 Sierra snow and specially stream crossings were unimaginably difficult. I should not say this but by the end of the season I was thankful we had only two deaths due to stream crossings.

Tree's Tragic death while she was alone deeply saddened us thru hikers .

Clueless Weekender
    Journal Entries

Bookmarked for later reading - thanks for sharing the link.

If it's anything like your writing here, I'm really looking forward to it!
    (ETA: I just read a few episodes - it still looks interesting. متشكرم (No, I don't speak Farsi, just a couple of travelers' phrases like دستشويي کجاست؟)
    Last edited by Another Kevin; 11-27-2017 at 14:10.
    I always know where I am. I'm right here.

I can't really read "my thru hike" books anymore, or journals, or watch the videos. I don't find them interesting or original. Your journal is exceptional! It was a pleasure to read your story start-to-finish over the last couple days. Well done and thank you for sharing....Very thoughtful, honest, raw, humble (with a little bragging , and interesting.

Images

Quote Originally Posted by putts View Post
    I can't really read "my thru hike" books anymore, or journals, or watch the videos. I don't find them interesting or original. Your journal is exceptional! It was a pleasure to read your story start-to-finish over the last couple days. Well done and thank you for sharing....Very thoughtful, honest, raw, humble (with a little bragging , and interesting.
    Thank you so much for your nice and thoughtful comment. It made my day if not my week.

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Another Kevin View Post
    Bookmarked for later reading - thanks for sharing the link.

If it's anything like your writing here, I'm really looking forward to it!
    (ETA: I just read a few episodes - it still looks interesting. متشكرم (No, I don't speak Farsi, just a couple of travelers' phrases like دستشويي کجاست؟)
    Kevin, I hope you find it interesting. It is a leakage of my heart and soul one drop t a time when I was going thru your countries' sheer beauty. It already seems like a dream that I am not sure was more than a dream but since I thru hiked the PCT it was not a dream.

++ New Posts ++