Default Fishing opportunities on ONF section from Rodman to Clearwater?

Thinking of bring my 11year old along on this section and slow down to 4.5-5 days to cover the 68ish miles. He’s been on several 4 day trips on the NC AT. He loves to fish...thinking about picking up a tenkara to try out....thoughts...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Plenty between juniper springs and Hopkins prairie. There's juniper run, crooked springs (close to hidden pond) and a big lake near the hopkins prairie CG where I've seen some 6-7lb bass landed.

Images

Where is crooked springs? I was never able to locate last time I was in ONF.
    "I am learning nothing in this trivial world of [humans]. I must break away and get out into the mountains to learn the news." --John Muir

Quote Originally Posted by Old_Man View Post
    Where is crooked springs? I was never able to locate last time I was in ONF.
    If you follow the side trail around the south end of hidden pond it leads to crooked springs prairie (about 50 yds or so). The big "lake" you see on the other side of the prairie is crooked springs. The water from there taste great, much better than hidden pond. Although, it's a little harder to get to it. Only a couple of small trails on the north-side. Love staying over there in the winter when it's less over-grown.

Quote Originally Posted by martinb View Post
    If you follow the side trail around the south end of hidden pond it leads to crooked springs prairie (about 50 yds or so). The big "lake" you see on the other side of the prairie is crooked springs. The water from there taste great, much better than hidden pond. Although, it's a little harder to get to it. Only a couple of small trails on the north-side. Love staying over there in the winter when it's less over-grown.
    That should read, north-side of hidden pond. You will know you are headed in the right direction if you pass a big fire pit with several people camped out there (usually).

++ New Posts ++