WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Default Looking for a hiking buddy

I知 looking for a hiking/backpacking buddy. Wasn稚 able to go out at all this past year due to being injured at work, lost some fingers. I知 37 and miss the outdoors not a fan of solo hiking so finding someone to hike with would be awesome. I知 in the Lehigh valley area of PA.

Sorry to hear about your injury.

Journal Entries
    Images

Bummer. Glad you are feeling like getting outside again. If you haven't tried already, consider hiking with the Allentown Hiking Club. They are associated with the ATC, and some members also belong to AMC. Also consider Applalachian Club Lehigh Valley chapter. You may find a hiking buddy through those hikes. The Allentown Hiking Club's hikes are listed on Meetup. I have hiked on a few of their hikes on the AT. For the AMC Lehigh Valley, see http://amcdv.org/lv.html.
    Just love being outside, not sure why. 765 AT miles done (2014-2018), many more to go.

Images

If you're in Lenhartsville, then you should definitely check out the BMECC. This is the club that maintains the section closest to you (Lenhartsville) and me. Good group of people. Lots of opportunities for group hikes, trail maintenance, etc.

http://www.bmecc.org/

Check it out.

If you are willing to make the drive north, I spend a lot of time in the Adirondacks. It is a 4hr drive for me.

Thank you it has been much more recovery especially emotionally than I could have ever imagined

Quote Originally Posted by DrL View Post
    If you're in Lenhartsville, then you should definitely check out the BMECC. This is the club that maintains the section closest to you (Lenhartsville) and me. Good group of people. Lots of opportunities for group hikes, trail maintenance, etc.

http://www.bmecc.org/

Check it out.
    i will definitely do that thank you

Quote Originally Posted by russb View Post
    If you are willing to make the drive north, I spend a lot of time in the Adirondacks. It is a 4hr drive for me.
    I have never hiked in the area but would love to get there. I also want to check out Delaware water Gap. I’m always willing to drive

I'm guessing you are looking for someone to hike with on an ongoing basis. I can't help you there. However, next year (2018) in June, I intend to continue my section hike of the AT NOBO. I finished up at Wind Gap this year and the plan is to return to Palmerton next June, stay at Bert's Restaurant Hostel overnight, and then get a shuttle to Wind Gap to continue northward. I'm a really slow hiker, but I can do 13 to 15 miles a day and occasionally over that. If you're interested, there is plenty of time to decide. Just let me know if you want to join me at least a month before June. By the way, my intent is to do at least 500 miles and maybe even finish the trail at Katahdin. It all depends on how the hike goes in the early stages.
    Trail Name - Slapshot
    "One step at a time."
    Blog - www.tonysadventure.com

-

try meetups

hey man if youre still looking for hiking partners me and a buddy of mine usually go on hikes on the weekend and will do an occasional backpacking trip, I live in Northern NJ myself and my buddy lives out in PA, we usually meetup on a Saturday for a hike, others are always welcome to join, if interested send me a pm!

++ New Posts ++