WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4 10 11 12 13 14

Default I've finished!

Well, I didn't know if I'd be able to finish with my stomach-thing, but I just did! I had jumped from Manchester Center, VT to Crawford Notch (given that all of my friends had made that progress during the 3 weeks recovering at home). I just finished filling in the gap... so now I've finished. It feels pretty good. Don't forget I'd really like to get copies of your summit pictures!! Drop me a line at www.ellishiking.com! Thanks. Congrats class of 2006!!

Default 490 Northbounders reach the Kennebec River!

Starting to put the numbers together that were generated from over 1,100 hikers that passed thru the Kennebec River Ferry Service in 2006. Mind you that there are still quite a few hikers trying to connect all the dots to complete their thru-hikes. So far, 490 northbound hikers made it to the Kennebec River and there is still the possibility that some hikers did not make the final 155 miles to Katahdin, but it's a good bet they did make the final leg. There were also 48 hikers who flip-flopped to accomodate hyoh style. 155 southbounders had every intention to hike all the way to Georgia but some may have fallen by the trailside. Congratulations to all in the class of 2006 for a job well done! ferryman

Default next two days:

Quote Originally Posted by _boulder_ View Post
    17 of us summited on 10/13 including me, Charlie Foxtrot, Rabbit, Dead Bear & Moonbeam, Two Tone, Snake Eyes & Two Step, Stoker, the Bionics and more.

boulder
    10/14 No Pain, Minnesota Smith, Fish, Minnow, Possum, Dogwood, and Rainbow Kid
    10/15 Blue and Miyagi
    Last edited by TJ aka Teej; 10-22-2006 at 19:56.
    Teej

"[ATers] represent three percent of our use and about twenty percent of our effort," retired Baxter Park Director Jensen Bissell.

Default AT and Long Trail complete for 2006!

Summited Katahdin on 27 Sept with Postcard, Sam I Am and Baltimore Bill! Took a zero and then started SOBO on the Long Trail with Catoctin Nomad (AT SOBO '93-'94). Reached Maine Junction and well deserved Long Trail Ales and good food at the Inn at Long Trail on 15 Oct. Met Kids Meal (AT NOBO '06) heading north out of Sherburne Pass. Excellent hike! Wet and cold, just the way I like it! Feed the Mountain!!!!!

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4 10 11 12 13 14
++ New Posts ++