WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

During cold weather I wear a pair of wool tights under my kilt. My set is made by Icebreaker and marketed as leggings.

Quote Originally Posted by TX Aggie View Post
    I use runner’s tights/leggings when running in the winter and they’re quite effective. A few people mentioned Under Armour as well as Compression tights, these are two totally different things. If you’re looking for warmth, you want ColdGear Base layers.

Also, if looking into these, check the weight. Many brands have multiple thicknesses, US goes from 1 (the lightest) to 4 (the thickest). When hiking, I tend to like the 1 or 2 on my legs if temps are under 30.

Compression gear is specifically for muscle stamina and/or recovery. Some do provide warmth, but that’s not their primary function, in fact a high compression legging can actually hinder circulation in low temperature/low activity situations.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Thanks for the specific input

I use the Target C9 Power Core "tights" as a base layer below about 40 degrees. They have a very very light fleece-like texture inside. I bought them on a whim, needing some sort of base layer, and they have worked out well for a few years now.
    I still wear zip-off shorts/pants to hike in because I like the cargo pockets for snacks/ guide/ phone(camera).

Men in tights? Wasn't that the name of a movie.

Not only will you look incredibly "cute" in your tights, but you will likely also get a very memorable trail name.

Quote Originally Posted by devoidapop View Post
    I bought a brand called 4U cycling on Amazon. They are Asian sizes so at 6'1 I had to buy 4XL. I love them for cold hiking or as camp pants.
    Got a pair of the 4U pants and seem to be just the ticket and a good deal for 20 bucks... probably gonna also pick up a decent pair of light compression tights as well

Images

I have some Balaef legging that I found on Amazon. Sizing is a little odd but they work for me.

Quote Originally Posted by cneill13 View Post
    Men in tights? Wasn't that the name of a movie.

Not only will you look incredibly "cute" in your tights, but you will likely also get a very memorable trail name.
    We're men, we're men in tights.
    We may look like sissies, but watch what you say or else we'll put out your lights!

tights, thermals, long johns, whatever plus shorts are the PCT uniform. really cold, wear two. I prefer kmart brand swimsuits and long johns.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
++ New Posts ++