WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Images

check out this facebook page called " the challenged hiker " . really a good group of people in that group . it is a small group but i think you might like it .

Journal Entries

check out this facebook page called " the challenged hiker " . really a good group of people in that group . it is a small group but i think you might like it .

Thanks for the info!
    "A man's got to know his limitations"
    Clint Eastwood.

I too have Sjogrens, fortunately for me I have never had symptoms. It was discovered as a result of other testing. Best of luck to you, enjoy your adventure.

Images

I have a similar auto immune disease, a connective soft tissue disorder with some symptoms of lupus and arthritis. I try to eat an anti-inflammatory diet and take turmeric curcumin. Exercise and hiking actually seem to help me. I just seem to be a little stiffer after taking a break and getting up in the morning, but in a few minutes I am fine. I tried the plaquenil but it gave me dizzy spells so I quit it, beware if you take it and quit, you need to slowly wean yourself off it or you well half severe nasty withdrawal symptoms. Learn to listen to your body.

I have autoimmune disease. I manage it with the AIP diet (autoimmune protocol- google it- you'll find a wealth of information). No meds - my symptoms ceased immediately after changing my diet. Now, AIP is not for the faint of heart- it's essentially an elimination diet, and then you can try to reintroduce things littlle by little to see what you can tolerate. Wheat, dairy, eggs, nightshades, nuts, beans and more are out initially. For me, a buckwheat, cassava and arrowroot flour mix has been a lifesaver. I also do well with goat/sheep cheeses and duck eggs. Make all my own kefir, kombucha, breads, condiments, etc. Have a pretty good range of things I prepare that the whole family enjoys. Still playing with what to pack for foods on the trail- so far hiking all over the Green and White Mountains near where I live, but this spring and summer will be testing things like soba ramen, AIP-friendly energy bars, grass-fed nitrite/nitrate free beef and bacon jerky and other things to between hitting the towns or home for food. Good luck!

Interesting that they have you taking plaquenil, which is an anti-malarial. Have you been tested for Babesia or other tick borne diseases? A lot of the symptoms overlap, making them difficult to diagnose, and Babesia is similar to malaria and the same drugs are often used to treat it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
++ New Posts ++