Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Last year, I hike from Springer to Fontana Damm. This May I am planning Fontana Damm to Irwin, NC.

Not sure if Vlogging is for me but Im gunna give it a go this year I believe.

Did our first ever section of the AT last year going from Iron Mountain Gap to Clyde Smith(day 1) to Roan High Knob(day 2) to Overmountain(day 3) to US 19E(day 4). Extremely challenging for us but we loved it. Not many places to prepare for it in the suburbs of Chicago!

This year we are looking at doing a 5 day hike SOBO from Fox Creek to Damascus. Just started planning so if anyone has any input I would love to hear from you. A little worried about that first day up Pine Mountain but it seems less than what we had last year. Have heard going SOBO in this area is a bit easier.

Images

The good Lord willing, our 32nd annual section hike this fall will include the ~50 mile stretch between Lyme-Dorchester Road and Franconia Notch in NH, which would leave us with ~375 miles to completion.

close to securing a 50 mile section hike with my son sobo from whiskey springs road to PenMar just following the Labor Day weekend for four nights. That’d be his longest hike to date.

Starting at Ma. 2[Williamstown] and heading north soon after the 4th. of July.

Journal Entries
    Images

Every other weekend I do a little more... Probably will be out and about this weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaptainkriz View Post
    Every other weekend I do a little more... Probably will be out and about this weekend.
    Just watched your cold weather camp vid and curious who made your red hoodie. Quite a bit of cover for yu

Quote Originally Posted by chknfngrs View Post
    Just watched your cold weather camp vid and curious who made your red hoodie. Quite a bit of cover for yu
    Disregard homey. I saw your reply on the other read!

Journal Entries
    Images

I just replaced the red hood with a blue one that has a little cross piece over the nose. I like it because it's removable and when I warm up and can put it away.

Quote Originally Posted by chknfngrs View Post
    Disregard homey. I saw your reply on the other read!

I'm planning a SOBO section from Rockfish Gap to Daleville in April. This will be my third section starting from Harper's Ferry.

Images

I was going to be hiking north from Stratton, Maine but I'll be starting a new job in March and don't know if I'll be able to get time off.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4
++ New Posts ++