Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 39
  1. #1
    Registered User
    Join Date
    06-02-2011
    Location
    Neptune Beach, Fl
    Age
    44
    Posts
    6,011

    Default Any leadville area locals? Melly

    Looking to buy a mellanzana hoody if anyone heading to their store anytime soon...obviously would pay shipping and fee if anyone interested. They’re not shipping out till April.

    Thx


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  2. #2

    Default

    Ah, bummer! I just drove to Leadville from Denver specifically to pick up a Melly for myself. I'll let you know if I am heading back up there for any reason. Would be happy to pick one up for you if I do. I didn't want to wait until April/May either

  3. #3
    Registered User
    Join Date
    06-02-2011
    Location
    Neptune Beach, Fl
    Age
    44
    Posts
    6,011

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by coloradodrew View Post
    Ah, bummer! I just drove to Leadville from Denver specifically to pick up a Melly for myself. I'll let you know if I am heading back up there for any reason. Would be happy to pick one up for you if I do. I didn't want to wait until April/May either
    Damn it....o well I appreciate the thought....worst case I’ll just wait till spring....trying to talk the wife into buying the leadville hostel....not much luck so far...Love leadville


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  4. #4

    Default

    Let me know if you do end up buying the hostel - I'll happily be a visitor!

  5. #5
    Registered User
    Join Date
    06-02-2011
    Location
    Neptune Beach, Fl
    Age
    44
    Posts
    6,011

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by coloradodrew View Post
    Let me know if you do end up buying the hostel - I'll happily be a visitor!
    I probably got a better chance of winning the lottery.....my wife was born in Co but hates the cold.....if you haven’t stayed there I’d highly recommend...Cathy is a wonderful host....


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  6. #6
    Registered User colorado_rob's Avatar
    Join Date
    08-20-2012
    Location
    Denver, CO
    Age
    63
    Posts
    4,127
    Images
    3

    Default

    Have you tried contacting the mountaineering store in Leadville? I forget its name, even though I know one of the ladies working there (Meagan L, an AT thru hiker, met her husband on the AT, cool story). They carry lots of eclectic stuff, I'd be surprised if they did carry Mellanzana stuff.

    Funny the timing on your post; we've overnighted/climbed Elbert every MLK weekend starting in 2002, excepting 2007 and this year, always breakfasting in Leadville on Saturday, dinner Sunday night, could have stopped by the M factory Sat. morning.

  7. #7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by saltysack View Post
    Looking to buy a mellanzana hoody if anyone heading to their store anytime soon...obviously would pay shipping and fee if anyone interested. They’re not shipping out till April.

    Thx


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    What size are you looking for? I went there last week and grabbed a few micro hoodies. Might have a mens medium left.

  8. #8
    Registered User
    Join Date
    06-02-2011
    Location
    Neptune Beach, Fl
    Age
    44
    Posts
    6,011

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bowwow View Post
    What size are you looking for? I went there last week and grabbed a few micro hoodies. Might have a mens medium left.
    I’m an xl....thx though...


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  9. #9

    Default

    PM sent with some info.

  10. #10
    Registered User
    Join Date
    06-02-2011
    Location
    Neptune Beach, Fl
    Age
    44
    Posts
    6,011

    Default

    Anyone???


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  11. #11

    Default

    I'll be back at the end of Aug. Last person I talk to that was in the store said it was rather empty, only 3-4 microgrid hoodies, all XL.

  12. #12
    Registered User
    Join Date
    03-16-2015
    Location
    Chaumont,Ny
    Posts
    958

    Default

    https://raggedmountain.com/clothing-...all-line-hoody

    Looks very close to the same and on sale

  13. #13

    Default

    It doesn't have a pocket. The pocket is one of the main reason people want a Melly.

  14. #14

    Default

    Well, maybe Saltysack is OK with no pocket?
    I'm prolly gonna pull the trigger on a men's large. Looks like a good deal for a USA made grid hoodie.

  15. #15

    Default

    If someone does not want a pocket there is no real reason to try to get a melly. That is what separates it from the others.

  16. #16
    Registered User
    Join Date
    06-02-2011
    Location
    Neptune Beach, Fl
    Age
    44
    Posts
    6,011

    Default

    Thx I really like the pocket set up on the melly....


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  17. #17

    Default

    how accessible is the pocket with a backpack on?

  18. #18
    Registered User
    Join Date
    06-02-2011
    Location
    Neptune Beach, Fl
    Age
    44
    Posts
    6,011

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bowwow View Post
    I'll be back at the end of Aug. Last person I talk to that was in the store said it was rather empty, only 3-4 microgrid hoodies, all XL.
    PM sent


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  19. #19
    Registered User
    Join Date
    06-02-2011
    Location
    Neptune Beach, Fl
    Age
    44
    Posts
    6,011

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by trailmercury View Post
    how accessible is the pocket with a backpack on?
    I don’t use a hip belt so should be easy but did just order a thru pack fanny pack....


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  20. #20

    Default

    The answer is it would be inaccessible for hip-belt users. Would be a nice feature for in camp use however.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
++ New Posts ++

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •