WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Default Planning BMT/MST; Shuttle Knoxville- Springer

Hi all, I am in early planning stages but would love ANY feedback.

This June I am planning on walking Sections 1-4 on the MST and connecting to the BMT via the Smokies to get down to Springer Mountain. The hike will be around 600 +/- with excursions on the Art Loeb Trail and maybe in the Smokies. Has anyone thought/ or done something like this? Specifically I am wondering about the best way to shuttle to/from my hike.

I *hope* to be able to leave my car near to Knoxville TN and then making my way down to Springer. Then I would walk to Pisgah and try to find some way back to Knoxville.

Would it make more sense to try to leave my car and travel to another location? I can do this hike in either direction..

Does anyone have experience shuttling either of these routes and can give recommendations? Bonus for knowledge of where to leave one's vehicle for ~7 weeks.

Thanks!
    Catnap
    CatNap
    GA-ME

I have no idea about the long term parking situation in Knoxville but I can sure get you from there to Springer Mtn. I live close to the BMT in Ga. and would love to run some shuttles on it. Im shuttling for the AT most of the time. Call me if you need me- Jeff 7069942307.

El Sordo
    Images

you might try leaving your car at Uncle Johnies in Erwin or make arrangements with someone in Hot Springs. Leaving a car in Knoxville is just going to add to your difficulties when your hike is finished.
    Dyslexics Untie!

Images

Quote Originally Posted by CornerCreek27 View Post
    Hi all, I am in early planning stages but would love ANY feedback.

This June I am planning on walking Sections 1-4 on the MST and connecting to the BMT via the Smokies to get down to Springer Mountain. The hike will be around 600 +/- with excursions on the Art Loeb Trail and maybe in the Smokies. Has anyone thought/ or done something like this? Specifically I am wondering about the best way to shuttle to/from my hike.

I *hope* to be able to leave my car near to Knoxville TN and then making my way down to Springer. Then I would walk to Pisgah and try to find some way back to Knoxville.

Would it make more sense to try to leave my car and travel to another location? I can do this hike in either direction..

Does anyone have experience shuttling either of these routes and can give recommendations? Bonus for knowledge of where to leave one's vehicle for ~7 weeks.

Thanks!
    Catnap
    you should park your car down here in ga and make your way north and plan a pick up at the end of your hike . Knoxville is off the beaten path for the mst . ask bushwhacker if you can park at his house and have him shuttle you to springer and start your hike north and when you get close to the end your hike call him and make a plan for pick up .

++ New Posts ++