WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Definitely a good catch. Even after changing the 'allow email from other members' setting, the vcard definitely included my email address.

Registered User Kaptain Kangaroo's Avatar
    Images

To stop anyone seeing your email address in the vCard, change the vCard Download setting to "Don't Allow" (This is in the General Settings page)

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Tennessee Viking View Post
    He is spoofing Miss J and others giving his OWN opinion about hostels/services along the trail.

If anyone can read their email code and forward me the IPs, I can do some research.
    I sent you an email with the source codes.

If you have received an unwanted email from this individual, please consider holding on to it as possible evidence of cyber harassment stalking on his part. It is strange to receive such communications unsolicited.

I apologize regarding the settings. I haven't looked into it in many years, but my understanding was that the setting only allowed the email to be sent from the WB email account. So while we have your email, I am not exactly sure that the sender could see your email address unless you responded to the sender. I will discuss it with Attroll.
    "Sleepy alligator in the noonday sun
    Sleepin by the river just like he usually done
    Call for his whisky
    He can call for his tea
    Call all he wanta but he can't call me..."
    Robert Hunter & Ron McKernan

Whiteblaze.net User Agreement.

Journal Entries
    Images

I have made the following two changes to the web site to elevate emails being display to any other users.

1. I have changed is so that no one can view any other users email address but clicking on "Send Email".
      Now when they click on "Send Email" they have the option to send an email but it goes through are server and it is secure and the user sending it can no longer see the other users email address.
    2. I have removed the vCard option so that users can no longer see or downloaded vCards.

Please, if anyone knows of anything that could be a possible privacy or security issue that could be a problem, please PM or Email me with your concerns so we can immediately look into it an nip it in the butt immediately.
    AT Troll (2010)
    Time does not wait for you, it keeps on rolling.

Whiteblaze.net User Agreement.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
++ New Posts ++