WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Ms. Janet/Pilgrim/Neville

Any else getting blind carbon copy emails with an email thread and pics with regards to something between these 3? What's up with this? Why am I receiving them?

It is from J.H.

Quote Originally Posted by Pastor Bryon View Post
    Any else getting blind carbon copy emails with an email thread and pics with regards to something between these 3? What's up with this? Why am I receiving them?

It is from J.H.

Me 2 . What’s it all about ?

Journal Entries

Me three. I figured it was a russian hacker ... or something. Didn't open it. Deleted it. At least the second time I've gotten that email.

No, but what’s the content of the messages? Should I make popcorn?

Yep. How he got my email address is a mystery. From the sidelines is appears Pilgrim is just being Pilgrim.

Images

Yup, just a psycho. - where's the pop corn?

Who is Pilgrim? And how do we stop this? I cannot think of an ethical way he would have gotten my email and others'.

Quote Originally Posted by Pastor Bryon View Post
    Who is Pilgrim? And how do we stop this? I cannot think of an ethical way he would have gotten my email and others'.
    There was a thread on the AT subreddit last week about it. Evidently that mentally ill addict guy (Pilgrim Skywheel, HikerTash, etc) is back again causing trouble per usual. He's impersonating people this time around.

Report all posts for deletion and just ignore him. Its all about the attention.

His name is Joshua Michael Harrington.

He can get your email from this site.check the members list.

Registered User Tennessee Viking's Avatar
    Journal Entries
    Images

He is spoofing Miss J and others giving his OWN opinion about hostels/services along the trail.

If anyone can read their email code and forward me the IPs, I can do some research.
    ''Tennessee Viking'
    Mountains to Sea Trail Hiker & Maintainer
    Former TEHCC (AT) Maintainer

Thanks for clarifying how he grabbed my email address. Why the #@$#@$ is the default setting to allow that to be visible? That's not standard on any other forum that I can think of. Just went and fixed it.

Images

Quote Originally Posted by CalebJ View Post
    Thanks for clarifying how he grabbed my email address. Why the #@$#@$ is the default setting to allow that to be visible? That's not standard on any other forum that I can think of. Just went and fixed it.
    Agreed, that default setting is just plain wrong.
    Remote for detachment, narrow for chosen company, winding for leisure, lonely for contemplation, the Trail beckons not merely north and south, but upward to the body, mind, and soul of man.

If you have a minute, send the administrator a PM about it. Bringing some attention to it will help. I just sent one as well. That leaves the entire membership email database ripe for harvesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Tennessee Viking View Post
    He is spoofing Miss J and others giving his OWN opinion about hostels/services along the trail.

If anyone can read their email code and forward me the IPs, I can do some research.
    What are you looking for? The only public IP's I see in the delivery info are Gmail servers. Everything else is 10.x.x.x private stuff.

How do you change the setting? I'm having trouble finding a way to do it. Thanks.

Images

Go to your general account settings and uncheck "Receive Email from Other Members"
    Remote for detachment, narrow for chosen company, winding for leisure, lonely for contemplation, the Trail beckons not merely north and south, but upward to the body, mind, and soul of man.

At the top right of the forum view, click 'Settings'. On the new page look under 'My Account', and click 'General Settings'. From there, look for the 'Receive Email' selections and uncheck everything except 'Receive Email from Administrators'.

Thanks!

I'd also suggest - just above that area - unchecking the option to allow for vCard downloading. It contained my email address. It's "allowed" by default. Ripe for 'bot/spider email harvesting if you don't change it.

There could be other ways to get through too, but I'm not sure. (Visitor messages?).

Images

Thanks, I missed the vCard setting.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
++ New Posts ++