WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by bigcranky View Post
    There are things you can do to help with the slippage. I did all of them over the years to my Lekis. Then I did the number 1 thing you can do to fix, which is buying a set of Black Diamond poles with the flip locks. This instantly solves the slippage problem.
    are you talking the twist lock type leki or the speed lock leki? i ask because i have never heard of a speed lock type slipping if the screw is properly adjusted, and the OP was clearly asking about the speed lock type...

fwiw i think the twist locks suck from every vendor, not just leki

Quote Originally Posted by D2maine View Post
    are you talking the twist lock type leki or the speed lock leki? i ask because i have never heard of a speed lock type slipping if the screw is properly adjusted, and the OP was clearly asking about the speed lock type...

fwiw i think the twist locks suck from every vendor, not just leki
    Completely happy with mine. They also don't snag on anything.

GA-ME 2011
    Images

Had a pair of Leki twist locks that I could never keep from slipping. I bought a pair of Black Diamonds with the flip locks and have not had the slipping problem with them. I have made adjustments with the set screw on the locks to keep them tight.
    "Chainsaw" GA-ME 2011

I've had BD Carbon corks for several thousand miles and they never slip. They have the flip locks.

I have a set of Komperdells that I got cheap from STP (I think), and they sort-of slip, but by design. They have about an inch of give and I really like this feature. Explorer Cork AS (anti-shock).

OP here.
    So it seems unanimous that the poles are not supposed to slip - this makes sense to me.
    Also seems that adjusting the locks so that they clamp tight isn't all that hard.

It was odd to me that all of the poles from one manufacturer slipped whereas all of the poles from another one didn't.
    As each brand has its share of loyal (and satisfied) customers - no I just need to decide which one to try first.
    Thank you to all for commenting.

Quote Originally Posted by reppans View Post
    Another option are folding poles like Black Diamond Z poles - they don't use telescopic clamps, so can't slip, but are non-adjustable, so you need to size it right.
    My wife and I have been using aluminum z-poles for about 5yrs now. Ours also have a flick-lock adjustable section at the top. As other have said, tighten the screw a bit to have them lock down tight. Once that had been done, ours have not slipped. I believe the newest models are designated as FLZ, or something like that.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
++ New Posts ++