WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Images

Default ankle brace that fits into a trail runner?

Hey folks, Preparing for a thru beginning in 8 weeks. quick question can anyone recommend an ankle brace that actually fits into a trail runner or boot. I fractured my ankle and did some beauty tendon damage a bit ago. But I know it is not up for the PA rocks. It has been doing ok in the Blueridge and GA. with my mids but am thinking that I will need something extra for PA. &NH. I seriously do not want to have to wear a pair of mountaineering boots. I also think the weight of them could do more damage than something lighter. Thanks

I met a hiker once that had a size 11 on his right foot and a size 10 on his left to allow for his brace.

Search for "ASO Ankle Brace" on Amazon. The ASO EVO has even more support. I wore both at the recommendation of my surgeon before and after my ankle surgery. I probably did 200 trail miles with no issues in a set of Salomon trail runners. I wouldn't try to fit them in boots and would say that any brace which does it's any good

*isn't* any good....

Images

I had very good luck with the Aso brace. It fits easily into my regular size trail runner.
    Ken B
    'Big Cranky'
    Our Long Trail journal

Images

Yup, I'll also recommend the Aso brace.
    Remote for detachment, narrow for chosen company, winding for leisure, lonely for contemplation, the Trail beckons not merely north and south, but upward to the body, mind, and soul of man.

++ New Posts ++