Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5

well i think it's time to restart this old thread. unfortunately i never made it out to the CT in 2018 or 2019. Life is too short and 2020 is going to be my year. just re-read all the great info and wanted to shout out a Hello to all of you. 1st time on White Blaze in awhile and Happy to be back.

I'm also seriously thinking about giving the CT another try next summer. It could be then or never.

I think I'd skip the first 100 miles which I already did and don't see much point on repeating. I'd head straight for Leadville and spend a week there getting acclimated by doing day hikes first. I think I'd go mid August instead of 1st week of September, seeing they seem to be getting a lot of early snow the last few years.
    The AT - It has it's ups and downs...

i think a mid August start would be good and i plan on driving my truck down to the Durango area before starting my hike. i like the idea of easy access of my vehicle at the end of the hike.

Quote Originally Posted by CrumbSnatcher View Post
    i think a mid August start would be good and i plan on driving my truck down to the Durango area before starting my hike. i like the idea of easy access of my vehicle at the end of the hike.
    I started the last week in July, finished on August 30.

it never happened if you don't share some pictures with us

Okay, I can prove it sort of happened... Next time remind me to get a cowboy hat. That open trail, high elevation with lots of sun is brutal.

IMG_20160907_160918_1.jpg

But you're so handsome slo, don't be so shy. Actually pictured you older, no offense please. This means I guess this actually happened?

Oh, by the way your left eye brow needs trimming. Lol .

Quote Originally Posted by JNI64 View Post
    But you're so handsome slo, don't be so shy. Actually pictured you older, no offense please. This means I guess this actually happened?
    Well, that was a couple of years ago. 100 miles of it actually happened Learned (or remembered) a few things on that trip.

Quote Originally Posted by Slo-go'en View Post
    I'm also seriously thinking about giving the CT another try next summer. It could be then or never.

I think I'd skip the first 100 miles which I already did and don't see much point on repeating. I'd head straight for Leadville and spend a week there getting acclimated by doing day hikes first. I think I'd go mid August instead of 1st week of September, seeing they seem to be getting a lot of early snow the last few years.
    I was there in Leadville 2019 the first week of September and was in the 90's . Denver hit a record 100' . Go figure huh , weathers like a " box of chocolates you never know what you're gonna get " .

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5
++ New Posts ++