WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Default Leadville Locals?

Any leadville locals willing to swing by Melanzana for me? I've been wanting to try a micro grid hoodie for years and can never get a hold of one when people sell them.

It would be much appreciated. I even have a Pa'lante pack to go with it. So im legit.

Fastfox

Sent from my SM-J737V using Tapatalk

Journal Entries

Quote Originally Posted by fastfoxengineering View Post
    Any leadville locals willing to swing by Melanzana for me? I've been wanting to try a micro grid hoodie for years and can never get a hold of one when people sell them.

It would be much appreciated. I even have a Pa'lante pack to go with it. So im legit.

Fastfox

Perhaps you mean you don't want to pay the Buy It Now price that people put on eBay? There's a couple up there right now.
    Yeah, $140-150 is kind of steep..... But basically somebody is making $60 after shipping, for their time and trouble. Not really horrible when you look at it that way... And your other options.
    Last edited by MuddyWaters; 04-12-2019 at 04:08.

Quote Originally Posted by MuddyWaters View Post
    Perhaps you mean you don't want to pay the Buy It Now price that people put on eBay? There's a couple up there right now.
    Yeah, $140-150 is kind of steep..... But basically somebody is making $60 after shipping, for their time and trouble. Not really horrible when you look at it that way... And your other options.
    The people over on reddit are much kinder. They sell them new for $90. But they last about 30 seconds when posted. $150 is insane. I just can't do it. I'd rather visit Colorado lol.

I’m in the same boat. I want to try one so bad...even sourced the fabric to attempt to make something similar but really want to try the original.

My daughter is spending the summer in Albuquerque and has friends in CO. If logistics work out and she’s near Leadville, I’m having her stop by. Will let you know if that happens.

Leonidas

Let me hit up a connection I have in CO, and see if they ever head that way.
    AT: 695.7 mi
    Benton MacKaye Trail '20
    Pinhoti Trail '18-19'
    @leonidasonthetrail https://www.youtube.com/c/LeonidasontheTrail

Images

Not helpful, sorry, but most years we drive thru or stay around Leadville a half a dozen times or more, and I would normally be glad to stop by for you. But, we're heading YOUR way for the next 4 months! Can't wait to get another dose of the east. NEXT time we plan on going thru Leadville, I'll holler on here and take orders.

CT tickets booked for September 10 into Denver, If I end up going nobo will be going to Leadville before Durango to grab a new melly and would be glad to pick up and mail out if have inventory.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by saltysack View Post
    CT tickets booked for September 10 into Denver, If I end up going nobo will be going to Leadville before Durango to grab a new melly and would be glad to pick up and mail out if have inventory.

You da man. Lmk when your in CO. I'm still interested in picking one up

Hit me up early September!!!

Seek beyond Lville. Bet you could get someone from Breck, Silverthorne, Frisco, etc. Call around to some dispensaries. Someone's always willing to make a buck or take a ride. Or, call other companies in Lville. You might work something out.

Quote Originally Posted by Dogwood View Post
    Seek beyond Lville. Bet you could get someone from Breck, Silverthorne, Frisco, etc. Call around to some dispensaries. Someone's always willing to make a buck or take a ride. Or, call other companies in Lville. You might work something out.
    Leadville might just be a good pitstop along the CT. You looking for a melly Dogwood?!

Got my Melly! Finally! (plus a few other things)

Melanzana store front is closed so they're doing a lottery for online shopping (with some restrictions). Finally gives us non-locals a chance.

I do love my melly for daily wear but I’ve actually gone back to my R1 for active use as I prefer the athletic cut over the looser melly. Especially for layering under a puffy.

This past winter/early spring, I used an R1 hoodie for my "moving" fleece, then traded that for my melly in the evening in my sleeping bag. The R1 has a nice deep zipper front for venting, which I like more during the day. But since it invariably gets damp, the melly is heavenly at the end of the day!
    fortis fortuna adjuvat

++ New Posts ++