WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Default Anybody out there on the trail right now in GA

I'd be curious to get a few updates RE: real time weather, trail conditions, campsite availability, the shelter crowds anything else of interest

You don't have to be on the trail to answer your questions. Weather: https://www.atweather.org. Trail conditions: Muddy, wet. Campsite availability: get there early. Shelter crowds: forget about a spot in the shelter, especially in the rain. Anything of interest: The trail, hikers dropping out, run on hostels.
    Trail Name - Slapshot
    "One step at a time."
    Blog - www.tonysadventure.com

Also think the Facebook is a better source than this here corner of the internet

Leonidas

I will be up there Friday-Sunday for ATKO. Last I heard from Redbeard it was rain for today and tomorrow and then clear and cool after that.
    AT: 695.7 mi
    Benton MacKaye Trail '20
    Pinhoti Trail '18-19'
    @leonidasonthetrail https://www.youtube.com/c/LeonidasontheTrail

I'm not on the trail itself, but I'm nearby. We are under flash flood watch, with moderate to heavy rain through Thursday. Crowds are already showing up, and while it hasn't reached a peak yet you can expect to encounter up to 30 people in any given day right now.

Quote Originally Posted by ldsailor View Post
    You don't have to be on the trail to answer your questions. Weather: https://www.atweather.org. Trail conditions: Muddy, wet. Campsite availability: get there early. Shelter crowds: forget about a spot in the shelter, especially in the rain. Anything of interest: The trail, hikers dropping out, run on hostels.
    That's exactly what I'm expecting on there. It would probably be a bit of a disappointment if we have more than two sunny days a week.

Journal Entries

Yep but starting about this weekend I think there's going to be a week and a half or two weeks of good weather.

Turn on youtube the mobs are already starting....Hoping to avoid the crowds..I’m doing a quick hammock trial run from Spivey gap to 19e..3.5 days prob start Thursday next week....I’ll pass on the mayhem in Ga......

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by MuddyWaters View Post
    Yep but starting about this weekend I think there's going to be a week and a half or two weeks of good weather.
    Just in time for the next series of storms to hit them while in or near the Smokies...
    Follow slogoen on Instagram.

Journal Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Slo-go'en View Post
    Just in time for the next series of storms to hit them while in or near the Smokies...
    No rain...
    No pain...
    No Maine

Personally Ize goin to Arkansas. Where the lows be 30 not 20, and the creeks be full, and the company....nonexistent. for a blissful week of solitude and ideal weather.
    Last edited by MuddyWaters; 02-28-2018 at 21:56.

++ New Posts ++