WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Rain pants

I didn't take any and I was glad I didn't carry the extra weight (what little it really is). Legs were warm when hiking even when it snowed and when it was raining, everything was wet anyway (not in my pack, but everything else). But everyone's different. I'd try a cheap pair and if you don't like them, you're not out much.
    - Trail name: Thumper

Registered User TheMidlifeHiker's Avatar

Found a pair of Marmot Precips for $80 shipped so I’m going to try those. Had a $50 gift cart so only $30 in the end. We’ll see how they work. Worse case, I mail em home

I usually wear nylon jogging pants I buy at Walmart for $10...sometimes $5 if I find them on sale at the end of the season. They are lightweight and comfortable, can be rinsed out in a sink in a pinch, and they dry really fast...so it doesn't really matter if they get wet in the rain. If they get soaking wet just wring them out and put them back on and they will be dry in 20 minutes.

Registered User TheMidlifeHiker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bronk View Post
    I usually wear nylon jogging pants I buy at Walmart for $10...sometimes $5 if I find them on sale at the end of the season. They are lightweight and comfortable, can be rinsed out in a sink in a pinch, and they dry really fast...so it doesn't really matter if they get wet in the rain. If they get soaking wet just wring them out and put them back on and they will be dry in 20 minutes.
    Thanks - if the ones I have wear out, I’ll certainly remember this!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
++ New Posts ++