WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Registered User dudeijuststarted's Avatar
    Images

Default Slackpacking Georgia

I need to get out of crazy Florida and on to the AT. The catch is I can't take any time off work. The upside is that my work shift (remote via computer) ends at 3:30PM M-F. So some questions for my fellow WB'ers:

- What shuttle services, if any, might accomodate late afternoon slackpacks and evening pickups? Unfortunately I have to be logged back in to work by 7AM, so I'd either be going back to a hostel with solid wifi or an AirBnB.
    - Got any leads on "Slackpack Georgia" deals? I know Hiker Hostel used to have one but I don't know anything about their new ownership

Additionally, if any of you are hostel/shuttle operators and want to work out a deal with me please PM me. I may want to do an overnight or two on the weekends but I've already gone thru and just want to ramble through the woods without throwing my job away. Hit a rough patch with the lady folk and need to walk it off.

Waiting on my '18 AWOL so not sure of possible itineraries yet, so open to ideas on how to do this.

Thanks!
    dudeijuststarted aka Mr. Fusion '14

Images

i do planning and daily drop offs and pick ups . donald " grateful " ballard the further shuttle appalachian

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Thefurther View Post
    i do planning and daily drop offs and pick ups . donald " grateful " ballard the further shuttle appalachian
    cool what's your contact info?

Images

Quote Originally Posted by dudeijuststarted View Post
    cool what's your contact info?
    the further shuttle appalachian ... donald ballard cell numbers 7723210905 , 7064009105 , 7067453306 is my home number . call me anytime . peace brother

I have done this with a friend using two cars. Its quite easy except for the shuttle logistics and that a couple of Forest Service roads are open. We did if days after a hurricane had come through the area with econobox cars

Images

Quote Originally Posted by peakbagger View Post
    I have done this with a friend using two cars. Its quite easy except for the shuttle logistics and that a couple of Forest Service roads are open. We did if days after a hurricane had come through the area with econobox cars
    Cool yeah that's what I was thinking but I can't find anyone available to be the other car, so I'm also thinking I have a shuttle pickup at a trailhead where I drop my car, head to the other side and walk back to my own car...

I think there is a bit of “fake news”, as your dear president calls it, around the Hiker Hostel. I’ve stayed there 2x since J&L sold. Bunks are $35, up from $19, and weekday prices on full rooms are $70, up from $55. So while a kicker more then Josh charged, not much more during the week. The weekend pricing that is 3x higher, and while seems a bit absurd they appear to be getting it from the wedding and winery crowds coming up from the city. Can’t fault them for capitalizing. They still have shuttles and still have slackpacking deals. They have a nice little bar & grill area- what a treat to grab a pint at the end of the day. The manager seems a pleasant chum and quite assistive. As I understand he is not the owner.

To credit- they’ve put money into the place but they are still very focused and accommodate us hikers.

Perhaps some help to any who havn’t been?

Cheers.

Quote Originally Posted by dudeijuststarted View Post
    - What shuttle services, if any, might accomodate late afternoon slackpacks and evening pickups? Unfortunately I have to be logged back in to work by 7AM, so I'd either be going back to a hostel with solid wifi or an AirBnB.
    - Got any leads on "Slackpack Georgia" deals? I know Hiker Hostel used to have one but I don't know anything about their new ownership

Additionally, if any of you are hostel/shuttle operators and want to work out a deal with me please PM me. I may want to do an overnight or two on the weekends but I've already gone thru and just want to ramble through the woods without throwing my job away. Hit a rough patch with the lady folk and need to walk it off.

Waiting on my '18 AWOL so not sure of possible itineraries yet, so open to ideas on how to do this.

Thanks!
    dudeijuststarted aka Mr. Fusion '14

++ New Posts ++